• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
MR TURBO 2 U
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just out of curiosity ???

what is included in a turbo kit?

what is your thought on the inclusions list?

what should it contain as a minimum? (tuner kit)

what is preffered kit or drive in drive out from a dealer?

which turbo garrett gt or mitsubishi tdo?

it would be good to see your expectations compared to australia!

·
Registered
478 Posts
If you're going to have a kit it should be all inclusive. Hence "KIT."
So this would include (IMO) :
-Turbo(s) with up/down pipes, and manifolds. Does not nesc. have to be Garret or Mitsu. I.E. PTE or Borg Warner
-intercooler and piping
-all ancillary fittings and lines
-fuel system (injectors & pump & rails)
-some sort of tuning software or ability
-full instructions both written and on disc
-parts warranty
-extra parts(nuts & bolts) and gaskets

Tuner Kit would be same as above but no fuel system and tuning source.

·
MR TURBO 2 U
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you're going to have a kit it should be all inclusive. Hence "KIT."
So this would include (IMO) :
-Turbo(s) with up/down pipes, and manifolds. Does not nesc. have to be Garret or Mitsu. I.E. PTE or Borg Warner
-intercooler and piping
-all ancillary fittings and lines
-fuel system (injectors & pump & rails)
-some sort of tuning software or ability
-full instructions both written and on disc
-parts warranty
-extra parts(nuts & bolts) and gaskets

Tuner Kit would be same as above but no fuel system and tuning source.
what are the thoughts on the above minus the red items as a kit or drive in drive out as options? this was my thoughts on the china market and has been well received so far!

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
A turn key kit that we can install ourselves. I like Garretts w/ the ball bearing cartridge but as long as it works and can be fixed in the USA any turbo will be fine.

We can send the ECU somewhere for programming if necessary but we need a canned tune option.

Controlling costs is so important for this platform, more important that absolute hp actually. Sometimes reading the forums makes one feel like you need 700 rwhp to keep up where-as in real life anywhere between 380-450 rwhp would be absolutely kickass and would make my car seem ridicoulously fast while driving around on the street around here.

If you already have a system that is selling in China or whatever why not just remarket that product in the USA to save money on development costs?

·
MR TURBO 2 U
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A turn key kit that we can install ourselves. I like Garretts w/ the ball bearing cartridge but as long as it works and can be fixed in the USA any turbo will be fine.

We can send the ECU somewhere for programming if necessary but we need a canned tune option.

Controlling costs is so important for this platform, more important that absolute hp actually. Sometimes reading the forums makes one feel like you need 700 rwhp to keep up where-as in real life anywhere between 380-450 rwhp would be absolutely kickass and would make my car seem ridicoulously fast while driving around on the street around here.

If you already have a system that is selling in China or whatever why not just remarket that product in the USA to save money on development costs?
the test car has the garretts but the kit will be using mitsubishi's for china that flow equivelent

tdo's will be cheaper than gt's but i'd rather gt's

kit is ready for china minus tuning solution and with fab manifolds patterns ad being made for mitsu's soon and possibly garretts too but the fab'd manifolds will be there for both any time!

canned tunes are dangerous and not intended with this kits other than maybe a start up that you can safely drive to the dyno? lets choose a tuning solution first!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Phase you're not really helping yourself...

and i tend to agree on the sig. it's huge. nothing wrong with having the info there but it would be nice if you shrunk it so it doesn't take up the space especially since you double post so much.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Ya'll are defintely slipping on the point here. Anyhow....

Phase- if you want a kit without the RED items, this would be a TUNER SYSTEM. As stated. You definitly don't want to cut costs on the single most valuable part of a turbo kit. Our cars aren't built for FI so your would need a fuel system of some sort and tuning solution of some kind to be any kind of efficient.

BTW judging by your posts I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you've never done this before and should seek some serious professional motorsport and fabrication help. Im not saying "you'll never make it" or "it's useless." But by you getting on here and bickering with your target market, all you're doing is shooting yourself in the foot. So take your anger and frustration and put back into working on your project/product and perfect it. Then prove all your nea-sayers wrong.

·
MR TURBO 2 U
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Phase you're not really helping yourself...

and i tend to agree on the sig. it's huge. nothing wrong with having the info there but it would be nice if you shrunk it so it doesn't take up the space especially since you double post so much.
advice taken!

·
MR TURBO 2 U
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya'll are defintely slipping on the point here. Anyhow....

pa...agreed!

Phase- if you want a kit without the RED items, this would be a TUNER SYSTEM. As stated. You definitly don't want to cut costs on the single most valuable part of a turbo kit. Our cars aren't built for FI so your would need a fuel system of some sort and tuning solution of some kind to be any kind of efficient.

pa...thats exactly what it is a tuner kit its been my experience that unless the installer knows your product you spend 10 times as long on the ph or emails sorting their issues out than it does fitting it in the first place! in effect its cheaper to fit it free for them!

BTW judging by your posts I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you've never done this before and should seek some serious professional motorsport and fabrication help.

pa...you don't get to having 13 shops never doing this before its more like treading on tippee toes till the site is sponsored so there is no dramas!

Im not saying "you'll never make it" or "it's useless." But by you getting on here and bickering with your target market, all you're doing is shooting yourself in the foot. So take your anger and frustration and put back into working on your project/product and perfect it. Then prove all your nea-sayers wrong.
see this is where we disagree

i'm not bickering with him i'm politely telling him he is a wannabe no hoper that has nothing better to do than try beat his own drum!

so he gets on here for what ever agenda he has trying to discredit!

when he can't prove his point he puts up smoke and mirrors and avoids the replies avoiding reality so hes not caught out!

the net is full of them i just decided i don't need to take garbage from keyboard warriors so i give it back while peeing myself laughing!

no frustration here as my target market don't speak english and if you think its affecting any prospective u/s sales well so be it!

i'd rather he build his own and prove me wrong!

you and i both know him getting on here attacking me is bad if i were planing on us sales hence why he does so but only the fools see it as that and the genuine see it for what it is!!!

so are you genuine or a fool you need ask yourself coz any press is good press if the bad press has no basis!!!

ohh yeah 800 odd turbo conversions 4-5000 tunes over the years teaches you no matter how good you are you can't please everyone no matter how hard i try!

·
Registered
679 Posts
What about the high NA compression ratio? Would you not want a compression ratio of 9.0?

·
MR TURBO 2 U
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
i thought the consensus would be garrett just did not know the following the tdo turbo's had there!

COOL THREAD GOT CLEANED UP!!!

·
MR TURBO 2 U
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
478 Posts
Ok... Whatever. Perception is everything. Good luck.

·
MR TURBO 2 U
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok... Whatever. Perception is everything. Good luck.
sorry? don't get what you mean? was it to do with something deleted?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts