Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that there are ton of threads about the different tunes, but it seem that they all go in depth of the mapping etc. So my question what is the best bang for your buck on a DD.

Also what are the chances the dealer will realize you have changed it and void your engine warranty?

·
Banned
2,327 Posts
Best bang for your buck is the CMD since it costs like 50% of what a reflash costs. If you, or your tuner, don't know what you're doing it could give you a little more 'bang' than you're hoping for, though.

Chances are slim-to-none unless you let them drive your car with the tune/CMD installed.

·
Registered
699 Posts
If you're like me, then CMD confuses you...could always go canned tune, runs about $650+ shipping from PowerAXEL and you can easily revert back to stock tune with the push of a button.

Or, you could drive to SFR in PA and get a custom tune on a dyno (both are Reflashes either way)...

OR, you could read up on the CMD and give it a shot.... (for warranty work, something small you can bring to dealer with custom tune and they won't check / notice, but if you're getting something big, revert back to stock before bringing it in to keep warranty safe)

check out my thread:

http://www.gencoupe.com/2-0t/56234-tunes-pa-vs-sfr.html

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like that idea of the canned tune, having the power to revert right on the spot is nice just incase something were to happen to the company and they arnt around to revert it bck to stock.

Any info if this canned system helps with rev hang higher rpm range and gas mileage?

·
MR TURBO 2 U
862 Posts
I like that idea of the canned tune, having the power to revert right on the spot is nice just incase something were to happen to the company and they arnt around to revert it bck to stock.

Any info if this canned system helps with rev hang higher rpm range and gas mileage?
canned tuned are not desirable get it custom tuned by your chosen tuner then have them load your std tune in as well!

or go cmd and from what ive seen of the cmd its set up like tuning for dummies 101 any tuner will get it right first time its so simple!

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Beyond redlines power axel tune

·
MR TURBO 2 U
862 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts