Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got a 13 r spec 2.0t and I've ordered some stuff for it. Performance wise, I ordered a p2r throttle body spacer, an injen sp short ram air intake, a Grimm speed phenolic thermal intake manifold spacer, a greddy oil catch can, a ptp turbo blanket and a forge motorsport blow off valve. Now I've also got an ISR short throw shifter and a Megan Racing transmission mount on the way. Do you guys think it would be worth it to have the car tuned after putting this stuff on? I don't think it will make a huge difference but hopefully it will be noticable.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Tuning will make quite a difference with your car. The bolt ons are just making things less restrictive.
I had a injen sri when I first bought the car and I did feel the difference once I installed it. The sound of the compressor spinning on the stock turbo increases drastically with the injen. It sounds like you are on the right path with moding your stock 2.0t but if you want the most out of your bolt ons then definitely a tune will make it alot more fun.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tuning will make quite a difference with your car. The bolt ons are just making things less restrictive.
I had a injen sri when I first bought the car and I did feel the difference once I installed it. The sound of the compressor spinning on the stock turbo increases drastically with the injen. It sounds like you are on the right path with moding your stock 2.0t but if you want the most out of your bolt ons then definitely a tune will make it alot more fun.

Get it tuned bro. Major major major difference. It will make you love your GC even more.
Thanks for the input guys! I think I'm going to save up for a pretuned ecu from SFR. I've been trying to do my research.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I got mine pretuned through them as well. I'm very happy with it. Gas mileage got better. Throttle respond is great. Turbo lag is less noticeable. It's definitely worth the money.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yeah sfr is imo is the way to go. Jay has been tuning these cars for years. I recently got the 1.5 tune and have really enjoyed so far.

·
Registered
486 Posts

Get it tuned bro. Major major major difference. It will make you love your GC even more.
Thanks for the input guys! I think I'm going to save up for a pretuned ecu from SFR. I've been trying to do my research.
Contact Norman at Alphaspeed and see if there are any of his tuning shops near you. His custom tune done AFTER your mods will by far beat any canned tune.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Contact Norman at Alphaspeed and see if there are any of his tuning shops near you. His custom tune done AFTER your mods will by far beat any canned tune.
Closest alphaspeed is in Texas about 7 hours away. I'm afraid a custom tune will cost me too much. I'm only doing small bolt ons. Shouldn't do a whole lot. I should still be close to stock. I'll probably just get the sfr ecu.

·
In Charge of Snacks
2,056 Posts
Closest alphaspeed is in Texas about 7 hours away. I'm afraid a custom tune will cost me too much. I'm only doing small bolt ons. Shouldn't do a whole lot. I should still be close to stock. I'll probably just get the sfr ecu.
If you plan on doing it, I would at least get an exhaust or bare minimum an O2 housing before I got a tune. You'll want an exhaust to support any future bolt-ons should you get more ambitious, too.

·
Premium Member
14,842 Posts
Actually IMO exhaust upgrade is really only needed, if you do a head, cam, and turbo upgrade.

I forgot what shop did it (might have been tomei) but the bottleneck on the exhaust side is the turbo, if you upgrade the cams, to the point of it actually losing power.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts