Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whoever has either of these tunes with just DP back exhaust + intake, could you tell me your overall gains?

I'm trying to see what the best bang for my buck will be...

SFR custom tune (they are about an hour and a half from me) is about $550 I think...

PA tune is $650 or $750 for custom tune

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What FMIC do you have? Link?

Maybe I will wait to see your results, keep in touch?

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
the tune is 400 for canned, i have the sfr and i was running custom magnaflow exhaust with short ram intake. i m not sure the overall horse power gain but let me tell you it was alot. my car is a different car now its not even funny. jay will be installing my intercooler in march and it should free up some more power :) and i think overall whp for the 2.0 is around 30

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
Depends where you live. I got 230whp with just a FMIC and Turbo back Exhaust. stock intake, no bov.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I do a custom tune though even at SFR it should free up a few more HP over the canned right?

·
Ontario Genesis Club
3,356 Posts
PA Tune- just SRI I gained 36whp and 70tq
With TBE, I/C, CAI and custom tune my gain was 64whp and 102tq.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
****, what did that run you?

·
Ontario Genesis Club
3,356 Posts
Jay do you have numbers from other dyno's. A lot of us can't stand Mustang dyno's because they tend to be a lot higher number then in reality.
Example: I hit 263whp on a mustang and on a Dynopack my result was 250whp.

Those are great numbers for such little boost :)
Edit** sorry not a dynojet I used, it was a dynopack.

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
Jay do you have numbers from other dyno's. A lot of us can't stand Mustang dyno's because they tend to be a lot higher number then in reality.
Example: I hit 263whp on a mustang and on a Dynojet my result was 250whp.

I will have to dig up some files but Mustang dyno normally puts out less number than Dynojet (about 5-10% less)
Also note you need to look at the AVERAGE numbers than PEAK numbers since peak powers don't mean anything yet as we all know our tune is more focused on the drivability and smoothness while it's very predictable and RELIABLE.

·
Out Pissing Off cops!
4,572 Posts
Example: I hit 263whp on a mustang and on a Dynojet my result was 250whp.

I will have to dig up some files but Mustang dyno normally puts out less number than Dynojet (about 5-10% less)
Also note you need to look at the AVERAGE numbers than PEAK numbers since peak powers don't mean anything yet as we all know our tune is more focused on the drivability and smoothness while it's very predictable and RELIABLE.
^^This. My runs were done on a mustang and I dyno'ed what I have in my sig with a full stage 2 form BR. I didn't use any correction factor.

Spool2go ran the exact same setup on another Mustang Dyno, and got the same results as me, until his Dyno guy applied some funky "Weather Correction Factor", which gave him almost the exact numbers BR put out on their Dynojet dyno....

Mustang will always read LOWER due to load. I'll fetch the dyno sheets...

^^My Dyno 236whp/262tq

^^This is spool2Go's posted final run..He runs the same BR stage 2.
You see the 2 sets of numbers, before and after the WFC...239WHP/257tq Uncorrected, 253WHP/272tq with the correction factor.

·
Ontario Genesis Club
3,356 Posts
I honestly think both tunes are extremely reliable and tuned for drivability. I've been in plenty of vehicles that use one or the other. Also There are enough people running both to prove reliablity and it's getting to a point where you can't put them against each other (basic tunes I'm referring too). I think the future is going to be companys like BR, who are taking a tuning solution and putting a package together with aftermarket parts.
And as far as over dyno graphs go I've even seen some CMD users have extremely nice curves as well.

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
As far as staged kits and tuning solutions go, we have something for you soon :)

This year we will be more concentrating on Performance products especially for 2.0T models.. Bigger turbo and more boost.. hint hint

·
Banned
7,214 Posts
I made 260whp/310wtq on a really customized PA flash w/ intake/exhaust/BOV/Grimmspeed EBCS on a Dynapack.

Both tunes are doing the same thing, pick one you have some (relatively) local tuning support I would say, because custom tuning of your flash will get better results over either brand's canned flash tune.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Maybe I'm thinking too much but on Beyond Redlines site they show just the PA tune adds roughly 40WHP, but that is on 20psi....

I don't know, 43WHP with Tune + FMIC...just doesn't seem worth the $1600 for SFR (FMIC + custom tune) when I can spend $650 and get almost the same results with no FMIC upgrade from PA.

However as you said, SFR is closer and I would like a custom tune + dyno...I'd like to use SFR so can someone shoot me the facts here as to what I'm overlooking? If I can get 250WHP out of FMIC + Tune from SFR with my already Exhaust + intake then I'd be happy with that, but I know my car only has like 185WHP right now; so +43 would only get me to like 225WHP!

EDIT: I understand I would eventually need an FMIC upgrade anyway and it's the smart way to go, but it seems with PA tune I don't need one outright - I know I need one for 250WHP, but if I'm not going to read that with FMIC + tune I may as well say some money right now you know?

Jay - Do you guys sell that FMIC still that the guy above was talking about?
http://www.youtube.com/user/seoulfulracing#p/u/16/RENTyegnl8g

1 - 20 of 86 Posts