Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to turbo my 3.8 in the future i know the price of doing this. I am going to have to upgrade my pistons, rods and injectors. With those upgrades will my car be able to handle 600 whp?

·
Registered
486 Posts
What year 3.8? AT or manual? No injectors for BK2 3.8. Will want/need to do top end work. Recommend CF driveshaft. Will need a lot of suspension work and other upgrades to put it to the ground (assuming you actually hit the 600whp threshold).

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2012 3.8 is turbocharged with a Precision 6266. I’ve also had the engine sleeved, new rods, pistons, crankshaft, pulleys, injectors, etc. I also have methanol injection, oil cooler, power steering cooler. As with any vehicle trying to obtain more horsepower, you have to consider upgrading your tires, brakes, exhaust, suspension. I currently run adjustable suspension arms, DBA pads and rotors, stage 4 clutch, carbon fiber driveshaft, and coil-overs. I track my car and race at different tracks so the suspension arms are definitely a must have for me. Any questions, let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2012 3.8 is turbocharged with a Precision 6266. Ive also had the engine sleeved, new rods, pistons, crankshaft, pulleys, injectors, etc. I also have methanol injection, oil cooler, power steering cooler. As with any vehicle trying to obtain more horsepower, you have to consider upgrading your tires, brakes, exhaust, suspension. I currently run adjustable suspension arms, DBA pads and rotors, stage 4 clutch, carbon fiber driveshaft, and coil-overs. I track my car and race at different tracks so the suspension arms are definitely a must have for me. Any questions, let me know.
I have a question, how much did it cost to have all the prep work to the engine for the turbo cost you? (The sleeveing, crank install ext.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts