Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been looking for a turbo blanket for the stock BK2 turbo but I can only find ones for the BK1. Will a BK1 blanket fit? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

·
dontmindme. justcreepin
182 Posts
As for heat control with a stock turbo, you're better off wrapping/ceramic coating the O2 housing to help keep temps down. All that lovely stock aluminum foil they give you is sufficient for the manifold/turbo.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As for heat control with a stock turbo, you're better off wrapping/ceramic coating the O2 housing to help keep temps down. All that lovely stock aluminum foil they give you is sufficient for the manifold/turbo.
Do you mean with the stock O2 housing? I just installed the ISR O2 housing to complete my full TBE. Just getting rid of the primary cat helped get temps down a lot. Tbh the main reason I want a turbo blanket is for astectic reasons. I would rather open the hood and see a turbo blanket than the OEM shielding.

·
dontmindme. justcreepin
182 Posts
Wrapping the ISR one would work just fine. As far as the shield goes, it works really well at keeping the manifold heat away from the plastic, and IMO that manifold is puny and ugly. Plus the turbo is bottom mount so you really wouldn't see the blanket on the hot side as you would if you had a top mount. But at the same time, I can feel you on not liking that foil.

Back to your original question, the BK1 will fit but its more of a "generally fits" kind of deal. The spring hooks it comes with may be stretched out to the point you may want to consider metal ties instead. I do not believe any company makes a BK2 specific stock turbo blanket.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Dei

Do you mean with the stock O2 housing? I just installed the ISR O2 housing to complete my full TBE. Just getting rid of the primary cat helped get temps down a lot. Tbh the main reason I want a turbo blanket is for astectic reasons. I would rather open the hood and see a turbo blanket than the OEM shielding.
Just give DEI a call. They are the best in the business. They also have the most "visual options to choose from. Its so nice to be able to warm ones hands gently on ones own turbo.:grin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts