Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i drive a 2014 2.0t and recently installed a K&N intake and noticed some turbo fluttering while accelerating anyone know the problem?

·
Premium Member
16,241 Posts
i drive a 2014 2.0t and recently installed a K&N intake and noticed some turbo fluttering while accelerating anyone know the problem?
For the most part, it's normal.
Car was likely doing that before, but you couldn't hear it, as most of the sound was blocked by the stock intake box.

EDIT: just re-read the post, "while accelerating" or while letting off the accelerator?
while accelerating, maybe the re-circ valve needs to be replaced. Thing is 6~7 years old.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
What AKGC brings up could quite be true. What Raz is suggesting is part of it I'm sure, but its co-tied with Hyundais craps ass TCU tuning in conjunction with your solenoid being a f--king ass.

I tell you this being both an owner operator of a 2013 super VT with a 6AT that made 300 plus whp. My boosted Gen is an 8AT.

So to fix this regardless of who is correct above,(they are both onto something( Here is the fix all, and you will feel like you have a completely different car (bad ass compared to what you had).

1. Replace ALLyour vac hoses with oem diameter silicone.
2. loop the solenoid onto itself. Detaching it from the re-circ valve chain.
3. Replace the gay ass re-circ valve with a real BOV. DO NOT GET A TURBO XS crap.
Choose from:
A. Tial
B. Turbosmart
C Forge
D REAL HKS not chinese ****.
4. To power the BOV, I'm only going to say this once. get whatever brass T's or Y's adapter you need buy use a FULL 1/4 ID silicone hose dammit. Source it DIRECTLY from your IM.
There s plenty of guys 2.0T here that can guide you. What this does is give you a true throttle plate response, pedal on-pedal off, slam bam, not ooozy half ass queer bumpity bumpity.

****The solenoid is a linnear interepreter of what it thinks is going on. Looped onto itself it sees open despite whats happening, so it cant interfere.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same thing. I don't know if it's an issue as I've heard other 2013's do it even with different intakes. I have a K&N short ram intake system. When I get on the gass at only a certain range of rpm I hear a flutter like sound thar eventually goes back to a normal boost sound. I don't have any surge or flutter when letting of the gas. Just normal sounds of a synchronic BOV. The only thing I've done to the car was add the intake. Still has the stock waste gate and BOV. So I have no issues with fluttering when letting off the gas. Even when I abruptly let off the gas. It's only on decently hard accelerations too. Here's a link off another genesis coupe producing exactly what I'm hearing while driving.

·
Registered
24 Posts
What AKGC brings up could quite be true. What Raz is suggesting is part of it I'm sure, but its co-tied with Hyundais craps ass TCU tuning in conjunction with your solenoid being a f--king ass.

I tell you this being both an owner operator of a 2013 super VT with a 6AT that made 300 plus whp. My boosted Gen is an 8AT.

So to fix this regardless of who is correct above,(they are both onto something( Here is the fix all, and you will feel like you have a completely different car (bad ass compared to what you had).

1. Replace ALLyour vac hoses with oem diameter silicone.
2. loop the solenoid onto itself. Detaching it from the re-circ valve chain.
3. Replace the gay ass re-circ valve with a real BOV. DO NOT GET A TURBO XS crap.
Choose from:
A. Tial
B. Turbosmart
C Forge
D REAL HKS not chinese ****.
4. To power the BOV, I'm only going to say this once. get whatever brass T's or Y's adapter you need buy use a FULL 1/4 ID silicone hose dammit. Source it DIRECTLY from your IM.
There s plenty of guys 2.0T here that can guide you. What this does is give you a true throttle plate response, pedal on-pedal off, slam bam, not ooozy half ass queer bumpity bumpity.

****The solenoid is a linnear interepreter of what it thinks is going on. Looped onto itself it sees open despite whats happening, so it cant interfere.
May I ask why the TurboXS is crap? I have it on my genny and im just wondering if I should replace it.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
May I ask why the TurboXS is crap? I have it on my genny and im just wondering if I should replace it.
If yours works keep it.

I say crap because every person I ever knew from my super VT days hated them, replaced them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts