Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m new to genesis forum, just got my coupe a month ago! Can somebody please tell me what’s the best set up for bolt on turbo?? I don’t want to change injector, so small turbo will be fine.(like to have little more kick but still want to have the durability)
I know must have many ppl asked this kind of question already, or show me where other old forum talked about it! Thank you!

·
Boostin Irresponsibly
839 Posts
dont think thats gonna happen...injectors is a very simple swap if youre changing turbos...

·
Registered
146 Posts
im confused, im assuming that you have the v6 then? and like bmahon said injectors are simple......if your not willing to swap injectors, turbos not your best bet???

·
Registered
736 Posts
If you're looking at a new turbo, you're going to need a lot more then just injectors. If you want something simple where you don't need to change a lot just do a reflash, exhaust and intake. Most likely that will be all you're looking for.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
The stock injectors are maxed out before the stock turbo - period.
If you are going to be putting a larger turbo in this car, you NEED new injectors.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i do have the 2.0t, i see what you mean! so changing the injectors doesn't mean you have to change the fuel pump with it right! you know about the fuel consumption is going to be like after??

im confused, im assuming that you have the v6 then? and like bmahon said injectors are simple......if your not willing to swap injectors, turbos not your best bet???

·
Registered
915 Posts
If you're looking at a new turbo, you're going to need a lot more then just injectors. If you want something simple where you don't need to change a lot just do a reflash, exhaust and intake. Most likely that will be all you're looking for.
x2 You already say your cool keeping a small turbo so just keep the small one you already have and get the most out of it reliably. Reflash, exhaust and intake will make this car just about as fast as the v6....well almost.

·
Out Pissing Off cops!
4,572 Posts
i do have the 2.0t, i see what you mean! so changing the injectors doesn't mean you have to change the fuel pump with it right! you know about the fuel consumption is going to be like after??
With a reflash, it'll be BETTER than stock...Unless you're always getting on it, then it'll worse...LOL

·
Registered
4 Posts
you dont need to change the pump w new bigger injector (to a certain degree), and wo any mods the fuel consumption wont change .

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what about a fmic? if i just do Reflash, exhaust and intake would it make a difference to change to a bigger fmic?? and how much? thanks!

x2 You already say your cool keeping a small turbo so just keep the small one you already have and get the most out of it reliably. will make this car just about as fast as the v6....well almost.

·
Registered
4 Posts
what about a fmic? if i just do Reflash, exhaust and intake would it make a difference to change to a bigger fmic?? and how much? thanks!
well depends on how much you wanna spend on the car

cmd w wb2 about 300$ used
cheap fmic kit about 450$
catless donwpipe about 200$
intake kit about 80$ ebay price (i wouldnt use the kits pflow thought :p)
silencer delete about 1$
Tb coolant loop......free

this is about the lowest buget price list for easy hp gain , you could reflash to but im all about cmd , really depends what you wanna do w the car.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so i guess a fmic is a good idea for more hp even you don't put a bigger turbo and just reflash or put a cmd on a 2.0t right? (certainly with intake and exhaust)

well depends on how much you wanna spend on the car

cmd w wb2 about 300$ used
cheap fmic kit about 450$
catless donwpipe about 200$
intake kit about 80$ ebay price (i wouldnt use the kits pflow thought :p)
silencer delete about 1$
Tb coolant loop......free

this is about the lowest buget price list for easy hp gain , you could reflash to but im all about cmd , really depends what you wanna do w the car.

·
Registered
146 Posts
cbcben.....if we could get your full plans for the car..... besides the fuel injectors intake fmic all that....if you put a new turbo youd want a reflash ( more needed than want ahah). so if your dyno tuning youd want everything else done prior so your not tuning 5 times!

so if its simply to say you have more torque..... intake and exhaust- easy simple and cheap
more power all around..... intake exhaust and tune ( look at PA)

if your looking to go crazy your def going to have to do the above with injectors if adding a bigger turbo!

something that many people forget is you can have all the gadgets on your motor but if you cant deliver enough air ( intake) and get rid of the back pressure properly ( exhaust) nothings going to run right!

set a price point! go from there!

hope this helps some

·
Premium Member
76,154 Posts
Beyond redline stage 2 is a great way to make good power on the stock turbo safely and if that isnt quite enough you can utilize the stock turbo and have BR work their majic on it with the stage three.

Exceladyne Stage 2 Kit +65 whp + 70 wtq

Exceladyne Stage 3 Kit +117 whp +97 wtq

1 - 16 of 16 Posts