Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that there was a lack of information regarding the removal of the turbo manifold and I successfully have done it after a couple days of working at it. I wanted to open this thread for anyone wanting to do it or for those that are stuck. I'd be happy to answer your questions both with text and pictures. I wish this was here for me so I wanted to make this available for everyone else in the future. I'm sorry that I didn't have the chance to take extensive pictures and video for a write up but at least I can open this thread to make this easier for everyone else in the future.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,908 Posts
It's pretty straight forward.

unbolt o2 housing from manifold, unbolt manifold from head, undo lines to turbo, undo brackets holding manifold/housing to engine block, snake whole thing out.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Thanks. I will be doing this very shortly as I upgrade my turbo.

·
Premium Member
14,908 Posts
Forgot, you're going to need to take off the (I think) the power steering pump to get easier access to the forward stud that holds the manifold. I'm in korea right now, so I can't check on my car. You can get it off without removing it, but it's a PITA. I've done it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Correct. You don't need to completely remove it but unbolt it so it's loosened and push it out of the way. If you are having trouble doing that post here and I'll provide additional help/info

·
Registered
257 Posts
That's good to know about the PS pump; thanks. Will probably be the weekend after next. Ordering my TiAL turbine housing and 44mm wastegate next week. I can't wait to give this car some real power. :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd love to see you post about the wastegate install possibly with some pictures too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just curious if there is a gasket between the exhaust manifold and block that needs to be replaced when removing the assembly from the engine? Any other gaskets/washers that need to be replaced while in there? Going to be doing mine in a couple weeks and wanted to order what I need before hand.

Thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I removed my manifold with about 40K miles on the car and the gasket between the manifold and the engine was still very clean. No need to replace it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah there is a "hidden bolt" that I had the same trouble with before I found it. It's a very long bolt and there are 2 identical ones. The only way I was able to find it was feeling around the left side of the pump with my hand. It's extremely hard to see with your eyes.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is a picture of the manifold removed and turbo removed. I circled the bolt hole I am talking about and there is a second one to the left of it as well that you can't see.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I managed to get mine off without messing with the power steering pump. Just the combination of sockets I had I guess.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I took mine out so I could get my O2 housing off and upgrade it. I needed to be catless for the BTR stage 2 tune.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts