Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

At times when I put my foot to the floor all I get is maybe 7 psi of boost, and other times it will wrap it's self around the post at 15 psi boost.

Could someone explain what is going on.
Is this a result of the twin-scroll?

Thanks for the help

Cheers
Larry

·
'14 2.0t R-Spec
51 Posts
It could be that your oil temperature isn't up to a healthy temp yet and it won't allow full power.

I believe the temperature that allows full power is roughly 140-150 F

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that.

Never thought of something along those lines. It did it on the way home after work at about -10 C, and I was unable to warm it up much..

I will check that out, again "Many Thanks"

Cheer's
Larry

·
Registered
480 Posts
It could be that your oil temperature isn't up to a healthy temp yet and it won't allow full power.

I believe the temperature that allows full power is roughly 140-150 F
^ This. It will pull boost and timing until the oil temp comes up to an acceptable level.

·
3point8 Performance
2,621 Posts
I would ask why you're trying to floor it before it's fully warmed up. Can you test some more, but make sure the oil temp is warm enough and see if you still see if the 7psi issue still occurs.

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
Thanks all, much appreciated.

My question would be....Why can't I?

Cheers

Larry

Because if you just start pounding on it cold, you're gonna destroy your engine... What happens to metal when you rapidly heat or cool it?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Because if you just start pounding on it cold, you're gonna destroy your engine... What happens to metal when you rapidly heat or cool it?
I don't think you understand what he was replying to. The guy asked why he would floor it in the winter not when the engine itself is cold.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
i was not able to put the full table

colomn

value where taken with pedal to the floor lol

1-oil temp
2-max throttle position (pre sept 2012)
3-max boost (pre sept 2012)
4-max throttle (post sept 2012 or update)
5-max boost (post sept 2012 or update)

·
GTFOMWB's
87 Posts
Also, your car will only allow limited boost when you're low on fuel. It's like driving a Mazda3 when the tank is low.

Hi

At times when I put my foot to the floor all I get is maybe 7 psi of boost, and other times it will wrap it's self around the post at 15 psi boost.

Could someone explain what is going on.
Is this a result of the twin-scroll?

Thanks for the help

Cheers
Larry

·
3point8 Performance
2,621 Posts
Also, your car will only allow limited boost when you're low on fuel. It's like driving a Mazda3 when the tank is low.
What is the limit? When the gas light is on?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Turns out that's the problem, a couple quick tests proved it out pretty quick. Many thanks guys, much appreciated. :)

I do apologize, "foot to the floor" might be a poor choice of words.....I have 3 short blocks to drive, then a stop sign, a right turn into a approx. 300 foot long merge lane onto a rush hour freeway going from 0 to 110 Kph to be able to merge in safely...........most days I am able to get to my car 15 min before quitting time, some days its just not possible.

With any luck next winter it can stay parked.......

Cheers
Larry

1 - 18 of 18 Posts