Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
HI
191 Posts
Installed this on my auto, but I can`t get the bumper back on :/
Tried to wedge my trans cooler right behind the fmic due to the short hose, but that ended up making me bolt the core further up

Also doesn't work with my RMR fog light bezels, but will have to try again when I get the core moved back

·
that guy
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Installed this on my auto, but I can`t get the bumper back on :/
Tried to wedge my trans cooler right behind the fmic due to the short hose, but that ended up making me bolt the core further up

Also doesn't work with my RMR fog light bezels, but will have to try again when I get the core moved back
OK let me see if I can figure out some way to help you..

Please post as many pictures as possible of the trouble area, show me the trans cooler, where the fog lights have issues, etc.

Are you 100% sure you are running the new generation 2 kit and not the old generation 1 kit? The generation 2 piping does not go anywhere near the fog lights, the generation 1 does and it requires some minor trimming to the fog light housing behind the bumper

Please post pics, and we will see if we can figure it out.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Hehe, also trying to help work this issue. With the old core, there was room to fit the cooler behind it but since the new one sits further back it gets rid of that option.

·
HI
191 Posts
OK let me see if I can figure out some way to help you..

Please post as many pictures as possible of the trouble area, show me the trans cooler, where the fog lights have issues, etc.

Are you 100% sure you are running the new generation 2 kit and not the old generation 1 kit? The generation 2 piping does not go anywhere near the fog lights, the generation 1 does and it requires some minor trimming to the fog light housing behind the bumper

Please post pics, and we will see if we can figure it out.
Hehe, also trying to help work this issue. With the old core, there was room to fit the cooler behind it but since the new one sits further back it gets rid of that option.

The clamps can be rotated, but the couplers are touching the bumper
The core was also touching, you can see where it's been cut

·
that guy
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)

The clamps can be rotated, but the couplers are touching the bumper
The core was also touching, you can see where it's been cut

I need to see what the trans cooler looks like, I don't have one so I am not familiar with it. However you probably just need to extend the hoses and move it somewhere else, this is probably what everyone with an automatic genesis and any upgraded FMIC has to do. Can't you just move the trans cooler up next to the new power steering cooler and extend the hoses? That way you would not have had to cut anything. It also looks like you could push your FMIC couplers a little further on possibly?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I second extending thw hoses. Get some 3/8 ID, and then enough to move it where ever. 6-8 feet of hose should be more than enough.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bov

Hey man! Amazing thread. I've been doing a lot of research on BOVs. Does this 2nd generation FMIC cover the stock BOV location? What BOVs or BPV can I use with this 2nd gen FMIC?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
i was looking at this kit on the turboxs website about a week ago and it was $600 and today i went to buy it and it says $1000! anyone know if this is an accident or they really raised the price so drastically within the past few days?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts