Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a turboxs sml hybrid bov for my 2014 genesis coupe 2.0t. I installed it right when I got it and when I tap the gas in neutral I hear a fluttering sound from the turboxs blow off valve I just purchased. I’ve seen videos on the internet on the blow off valve on other peoples genesis and they all have a nice whoosh sound to it, but when I installed mine it has a pretty loud fluttering sound whenever I let off the gas. Any ideas on what can cause this fluttering sound??? And how I can fix it?

·
Registered
37 Posts
So I got a turboxs sml hybrid bov for my 2014 genesis coupe 2.0t. I installed it right when I got it and when I tap the gas in neutral I hear a fluttering sound from the turboxs blow off valve I just purchased. I’ve seen videos on the internet on the blow off valve on other peoples genesis and they all have a nice whoosh sound to it, but when I installed mine it has a pretty loud fluttering sound whenever I let off the gas. Any ideas on what can cause this fluttering sound??? And how I can fix it?
Is the blow off valve opening? Did you make sure it opened before installing it? What I am assuming is happening is compressor surge. Make sure that the piston of the blow off valve is not stuck open.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the blow off valve opening? Did you make sure it opened before installing it? What I am assuming is happening is compressor surge. Make sure that the piston of the blow off valve is not stuck open.
I found out what the problem was.. my dumb head didn’t match the half moon shaped holes from the back of the flange of the bov to the plate behind it, I fixed it tho I have that nice whoosh sound I was looking for

1 - 3 of 3 Posts