Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wanted to show off my latest install; the TWM Piston Shift Knob.

Just wanted to thank TWM for making such an awesome product line of shift knobs, and for making me feel like I purchased something with actual quality to it.

I was scared it was going to be one of those $hitty universal installs (for example...where you just put the knob over the stupid plastic thing and tighten the little screws against it...)

However, the install on this knob blew my mind...I am so very happy with the way it goes onto the shifter and the fact that this specific knob, the Piston, comes with "spacers" to allow you to adjust the height.

I ordered the Gunmetal one :]

Seriously, if you're thinking about a shift knob, pleaseee check out TWM first; coupled with the boot retainer, (you can see the shift boot is held up nicely to the knob)...this was a great purchase all together!

·
Knows some stuff...
6,852 Posts
looks good, I also like the black center console and the shiny knobs. You do that of did it come like that?

·
Retired Staff
2,303 Posts
Thats 2011 model interior.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No I didn't get the gears engraved on the top, it has the TWM logo though, I didn't feel the need to spend an extra ($17 I think it was?) on a shift order that I'll never forget...unless you find yourself thinking "Wait where was 5th again?" every now and then....Lol, but no I understand the shift order engraved on the knob looks good, but I just couldn't justify it.

Shift Knobs & Gear Knobs by TWM Performance Shift Knobs & Gear Knobs

Yeah that's the 2011 console, and it is a dust magnet lol; but I haven't cleaned the interior in like two months so...

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
looks good man...do you have the STS to go with it or are you going to do that later?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd love to get the short shift, I installed one in my old eclipse and it was so much better...however, I feel it is ridiculously insane to have to go under the car, remove your exhaust, then part of the driveshaft, just to install the short shift in this car - So I probably will not be doing that install anytime soon.

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
I have the stainless steel piston and extender and its pretty sick. I got the gears engraved because I hat sitting there watching parking attendants try to figure out where reverse is. I had a kpr flat black shift knob before and it really confused people =\

I need to get the twm short shifter one of these days to replace my ralco and I think it will be perfect.

·
Finesse Is Everything
1,734 Posts
^ You will like the TWM short shifter. I don't have the piston I went for the more old school A6 Leopard look. The shifting is so much better now. I think it is one of the best mods I have had done to the car yet.....

·
Banned
1,394 Posts
I'd love to get the short shift, I installed one in my old eclipse and it was so much better...however, I feel it is ridiculously insane to have to go under the car, remove your exhaust, then part of the driveshaft, just to install the short shift in this car - So I probably will not be doing that install anytime soon.
Just a side note, there is no need to remove the drive shaft at all to install the short shifter in the Genesis Coupe! It's required to unbolt part of the exhaust to have more room to work, then again I've seen some people doing the installation without this step but I personally like the extra space.

Thanks for the great review!

Frank
Team TWM Performance

1 - 12 of 12 Posts