Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to buy one of these short shift for my tranny grinding problem...

what are the difference between them?

·
Registered
713 Posts
I believe TMW will be one of the best on the market for us (for now) I don't have one yet, but this is one of my mods I will do during the winter times!

Another reason I choose them, it was built here!

·
제네시스 쿠페
1,070 Posts
i have TWM.. i love it..

Never used Ralco so i'd never know..

pretty much a biased opinion here.. lol

only difference i can think of at the moment is price.

·
Torque Junky
1,643 Posts
I got the ralco and its great! also comes with a less then average looking aluminum adjustable hieght shift knob. I put this in at the same time as the front shifter bushings with a completely different feel of shifter after. I love it, its very agressive and throws are 50% decreased atleast!

·
Livin the Dream
556 Posts
I got the ralco and its great! also comes with a less then average looking aluminum adjustable hieght shift knob. I put this in at the same time as the front shifter bushings with a completely different feel of shifter after. I love it, its very agressive and throws are 50% decreased atleast!
awseome, i need bushings too, did you get tic's bushings

·
Torque Junky
1,643 Posts
yes

·
Torque Junky
1,643 Posts
its also weighted and weighs 50% more on the top portion of the shifter axis.

·
stock car modified driver
5,645 Posts
i've felt both shifters ralco on mine and twm on whaever and i can say 100% the feel is about the same. only difference is my wallet was a lot fatter after buying the shifter lols :D both come with oem thread so you can use stock shift knob but ralco comes with a shift knob of their own which is plus

·
USAFCASE45
328 Posts
thank god for who ever posted this haha i was about to buy twm just because i couldnt find another one and thanks to this i just saved an ass load of money, thank you

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have the TWM and love it.

I got it with the shift boot, and the shift boot is very high quality.

I'm a satisfied TWM customer, and as far as I'm concerned, you get what you pay for.

·
stock car modified driver
5,645 Posts
I have the TWM and love it.

I got it with the shift boot, and the shift boot is very high quality.

I'm a satisfied TWM customer, and as far as I'm concerned, you get what you pay for.
Like i've stated above i have tried both i own the ralco shifter and have had it for several months now. I've played around with whaeva's twm and i don't see any difference between the two except for price and the fact that ralco comes with a shift knob (not saying its the best out there but its a plus) So there are some stuff out there that are cheaper and just as good as the higher priced stuff. :)

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
The ralco is a "replica" of the twm. they even copy and paste the install guide (without the pictures) and their shift knob has the same tools and way of adjusting it as the twm knobs.

I have the ralco shifter and TiC bushings and its pretty sweet. I also have a real TWM knob which I highly reccomend, its of much higher quality and weight and looks better than the ralco knob.

I had the ralco shifter for about a month and it was pretty sweet. There was a tiny bit more play with the shifter when it was in gear (it would wiggle back and forth a bit). I just got my shifter bushings and the play is almost gone and the shifts feel even cripser.

Just a note, I had a weighted shift knob on the stock shifter for a while, which makes shifting so effortless due to the weight. Switching from that to the short shifter (even with the same weighted knob) takes a little getting used to. The lower knob gives you less leverage when shifting so the effort feels a little higher.

·
Registered
347 Posts
So if I understood correct, best combo is: Ralco shifter + TiC bushing + knob (TWM optional, OEM fits) = win win win ?

1 - 20 of 139 Posts