Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
[OFFICIAL] Dealership Experience and Rating Thread

I'm not sure if we do have a thread for this one. Instead of making new threads about a dealership, let's all cram it into one thread.
The purpose of this thread is to suggesst potential (It doesn't have to be a Genesis Coupe) Hyundai buyers what dealership they should go to and avoid. In this thread post your experience at ANY Hyundai dealership in Canada. Please follow the format below:

Example

Dealership name: Burlington Hyundai
Reason for visit: Sales (New)
Employee(s) dealt with: (Name of Person)

Customer Service: 4/5
Quality of Work: 4/5
Friendliness: 5/5
Overall Experience: 4/5
Price: 4/5

Comments: (Put your comment about the dealership here)

Recommended? (Yes or No)

Average Ratings

Dealership name: Don Valley North Hyundai
Customer Service: 1/5
Quality of Work: N/A
Friendliness: 1/5
Overall Experience: 1/5
Price: 2.5/5

Comments:

"EricXD" - No test-drive implemented, pressuring as hell and seems to only care about his sales and commission. Douche bag and a half would very well define him.

Recommended? No

Dealership name: Kingscross Hyundai
Customer Service: 5/5
Quality of Work: 5/5
Price: 5/5

Comments:

"EricXD" - He's a nice guy period. Friendly as hell.

Recommended? Yes

Dealership name: Plaza Hyundai

Comments:

"LamboLamba" - Great overall experience when I went in to get pricing on my car. Sales staff is not afraid to play around with numbers. The end result was they gave me a brand spanking new GC for about $200 above cost to beat the price another dealer offered us (on a demo)! We're definitely going back to this dealer when the lease for our Sonata is over :).

Recommended? Yes

Dealership name: Thornhill Hyundai
Customer Service: 0/5
Quality of Work: 3/5
Friendliness: 3/5

Comments:

"GC!" - I'll try to be as un-biased as I can be. The process was painless up until the day of delivery. Dealership ordered the wrong trim level, which was supposed to have been caught at 1) the secretary's desk when the car was first transferred and 2) the salesperson when he was to do his inspection and 3) the salesperson when he put the plates on and 4) the salesperon when he went to show me the car. It was the customer that informed the salesperson that it was the wrong car.

The General Manager was very unprofessional. He told me that because I got such an "awesome deal", he can offer me $0 compensation, and I was being unreasonable to even ask for compensation to begin with. At this point I cancelled the deal. Sales Manager calls me back later to try to win me over. I agree to a certain level of compensation and when I went to pick up the car for the second time, the Finance Manager tried to make me pay interest from the time I was originally supposed to pick up the car, to the day I actually signed (5 days). After refusing, he exclaims "Fine! You want the difference? I'll give it to you!" and slams a $20 bill on the table, and asks me if I have change.

This level of unprofessionalism rivals no other dealership I have ever walked into. And it was not just one person, it was a team of people that managed to consistently screw up each time I entered the dealership.

The icing on the cake: I was bribed with an additional $100 gift card to NOT give the dealership a poor review on the Hyundai customer feedback form, and this came directly from the GM. Why? Because they already had too many poor reviews, and another one would trigger some sort of internal review.

Recomended? No

·
Back on the block
55 Posts
good idea...

Dealership name: Plaza Hyundai
Reason for visit: Sales
Employee dealt with: Peter (General Manager:D)

Comments: Great overall experience when I went in to get pricing on my car. Sales staff is not afraid to play around with numbers. The end result was they gave me a brand spanking new GC for about $200 above cost to beat the price another dealer offered us (on a demo)! We're definitely going back to this dealer when the lease for our Sonata is over :).

Recommended? Yes

·
Registered
900 Posts
Dealership name: Kingscross Hyundai
Employee dealt with: Halbert

Comments: He's a nice guy period. Friendly as hell.

Recommended? Yes

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Employee dealt with: Spencer

Price: 2.5/5 (sticker price so I guess we're even)

Comments: No test-drive implemented, pressuring as hell and seems to only care about his sales and commission. Douche bag and a half would very well define him.

Recommended? HELLLL NAAWWW

·
Registered
63 Posts
Employee(s) dealt with: Sales manager, General Manager, Finance Manager

Customer Service: 0/5
Quality of Work: 3/5

Comments: I'll try to be as un-biased as I can be. The process was painless up until the day of delivery. Dealership ordered the wrong trim level, which was supposed to have been caught at 1) the secretary's desk when the car was first transferred and 2) the salesperson when he was to do his inspection and 3) the salesperson when he put the plates on and 4) the salesperon when he went to show me the car. It was the customer that informed the salesperson that it was the wrong car.

The General Manager was very unprofessional. He told me that because I got such an "awesome deal", he can offer me $0 compensation, and I was being unreasonable to even ask for compensation to begin with. At this point I cancelled the deal. Sales Manager calls me back later to try to win me over. I agree to a certain level of compensation and when I went to pick up the car for the second time, the Finance Manager tried to make me pay interest from the time I was originally supposed to pick up the car, to the day I actually signed (5 days). After refusing, he exclaims "Fine! You want the difference? I'll give it to you!" and slams a $20 bill on the table, and asks me if I have change.

This level of unprofessionalism rivals no other dealership I have ever walked into. And it was not just one person, it was a team of people that managed to consistently screw up each time I entered the dealership.

The icing on the cake: I was bribed with an additional $100 gift card to NOT give the dealership a poor review on the Hyundai customer feedback form, and this came directly from the GM. Why? Because they already had too many poor reviews, and another one would trigger some sort of internal review.

Recommended? NO!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hamilton Hyundai - Sales Manager - Sean ( Shawn? )
Fantastic service, great deal, beyond my most hopeful expectations. Treated like a friend and not $$. I highly recommend to everyone.

Don't confuse with Mountain Hyundai in Hamilton ( On Upper James ) Went there 1st. They gave me one deal and then when I came in to finalize changed it and said "I was mistaken". Will never deal with them. Also going do my service at Brantford Hyundai - talked with them before buying but bought at Hamilton. Talked to them about getting service there ( closer ) very professional and good people. Recommend them also!
G

·
Burger King Dildo Hammer
2,189 Posts
Employee dealt with: Spencer

Price: 2.5/5 (sticker price so I guess we're even)

Comments: No test-drive implemented, pressuring as hell and seems to only care about his sales and commission. Douche bag and a half would very well define him.

Recommended? HELLLL NAAWWW
^+1
Ugh... That's where I got my Coupe, what a f*cking fiasco dealing with the sales guy there. I got about $1600 off the car, but then paid $500 for a dumbass "protection" package (yeah, im ****ing retarded), which I should I have walked away from the deal at that point, but I still saved a bit from what they were asking.

Dealership name: Sudbury Hyundai
Reason for visit: Service
Employee dealt with: N/A

Quality of Work: 0/5
Price: 4/5 (Any Payments I made were at least legit)

Comments: It took them three attempts over a 60 day period to fix a f*cking hood latch. Then the clear coat starts to peel on my front bumper, and apparently its not covered because of stone chips (there are no stone chips btw). They won't fix the shotty paint job on my bumper, and the service rep at Hyundai Canada tells me the manager is a qualified individual, but can't fix a hood latch. They can't even install a block heater correctly, I have to re-route the plug myself.

Recommended? NOPE!

Dealership name: World Cars Hyundai
Reason for visit: Service and Sales
Employee dealt with: Service Manager - Mark Dick (can't remember sales guy for my elantra)

Overall Experience: 5/5
Price: 4/5 (Bought the Elantra used, sales guy didn't give me much of a deal, but I did get a hundred or two knocked off, so I can't really complain. lol)

Comments: Anytime I had a problem they fixed it the first time, when the vehicle was or was not in warranty. I brought my GC there when the paint was peeling off the bumper because Sudbury Hyundai told me they wouldn't fix it, and Hyundai Canada told me to bring it to another dealer. Well thanks to the Service Manager at World Cars I now have an apointment to have my car looked at by the district manager this month, because the Service Manager from World Cars believed it should be covered by warranty. He also told me how it was, which I already knew, because since I didn't buy the car from Sudbury Hyundai, they don't care and will most likely keep jerking me around.

Recommended? Yes, definitely!

·
Shut up and take my money
4,726 Posts
Dealership name: Alpine Hyundai
Reason for visit: Sales, Service
Employee(s) dealt with: Paul Garcia, Brad Mussellman, Vince Deurbrouck, Chris Russwurm

Comments: I've been with Alpine for over a year and a half now, and have nothing but good things to say about them. Starting from the initial purchase, to getting bumper repainted under warranty, to regular maintenance service, I've had very pleasant experience with these guys. The management is fantastic and the service guys are all great to deal with. Check them out, you won't be disappointed.

Recommended? Absolutely Yes

·
Shut up and take my money
4,726 Posts
Dealership name: Schlueter Hyundai
Employee(s) dealt with: Orooj (O.J) Alam, Shane Green

Customer Service: 2/5
Friendliness: 2/5
Overall Experience: 2/5
Price: 1/5

Comments: Terrible experience. This was the first dealership I went to when first looking at buying the car, and I left with a bad taste in my mouth. Got a test drive, and that's about the only good part of that visit. The sales consultant Shane wouldn't budge on the price, even though it was way over what I was willing to pay. After a lengthy talk, I was introduced to the sales manager Orooj who didn't offer me anything better and to top it off wanted to shake my hand right after that to "finalize the deal". I was really disappointed with their tactics and customer service. Never came back, went to Alpine instead, and not only got the price that I was looking for, but was offered it with a smile and without any hassle - felt like they actually wanted my business, as opposed to Schlueter.

Recommended? NO

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Dealership name: Burlington Hyundai
Employee(s) dealt with: Reno

Comments: They all really pulled for me in this dealership when I was there, me and the dealer went on an hour long test drive in the middle of nowhere on the dealers day off. yes he actually took time to come in on his day off to do a test drive with me. and needless to say it was very fun and made me love this dealership and the car.

Recommended? Hell Yes. If buying from Burlington Hyundai, always mention my name (Rob Harris) to Reno saying I recommended you!

·
Explosively Canadian
290 Posts
Dealership name: Jim Pattison Hyundai - North Shore
Employee(s) dealt with: Trevor Scheidl (Sales Rep), Vadim (Sales Manager)

Price: 3/5

Comments: Like most of the JP group, they throw in the part etching and theft insurance as "mandatory" options which you have to fight tooth and nail to knock off of the deal. JP also has a huge dealer profit margin and an even steeper selling point, not to mention that the transactions are back-end loaded -- meaning your sales rep will not be getting a pounder no matter what. They'll negotiate the warranty as part of the deal right off the bat, and you'll have to ask them to remove it. Likewise for the dealer protection plan.

In spite of throwing a lot on top, they are still honest: no admin fees, they will tell you everything they're trying to negotiate over, the iPod cable is included with the car like it's supposed to be, and it's not necessary to discuss a full tank of gas (as opposed to some dealers who like to say "we'll even throw in a full tank of gas" as if that's not already included in the freight and destination charge you have to pay).

In spite of the quibbles over price, this particular dealer -- the North Shore one -- is friendly, professional, and among the best I've dealt with so far. As soon as I dropped in on site asking about the GT, they grabbed a plate and we were off on the test drive without anything but the standard photocopy of your driver's licence (not legally necessary, and under privacy laws you can refuse, but they're not obligated to let you test drive the car either). No running off on the feature list. Plus, as an added bonus, the test drive includes some highway driving so you get to get a feel for the car at high speed, and you have a chance to do a pull where the legal speed limit can actually accommodate it. Most dealers are unwilling to include any highway driving on their routes (for insurance reasons I think, but I'm a bit fuzzy).

While some of their reps come across as too friendly -- to the point of feeling forced -- they are still up front, honest, and will actually discuss the options available and tell you which ones are useful the versus which ones are crap (e.g., the stock wing spoiler). Trevor actually walked me off of the lot to go see the service manager's parked 3.8 with the spoiler to show me what it looked like and what quality it had; I was still tempted (because of the centre-mounted tail light) until he also showed me how light and cheap it was by tapping it and showing how much it vibrated -- I could only imagine at highway speeds! Any questions you have at any stage in the process will be answered honestly and directly, whether you finance through them or otherwise. I will almost definitely buy my next car from this dealer (although I'll probably negotiate a little harder next time ;-)).

Perhaps most important for me, they will negotiate a price, rather than a monthly payment. They will tell you what you would be paying for the car immediately and up front. This may hurt sales, I don't know, but they seem to be doing pretty well for themselves, and the reps who were there when I bought the car are still there six months later.

Recommended: YES

-----

Dealership name: Jim Pattison Hyundai - Coquitlam
Employee(s) dealt with: Roger Lee, and an Indian gentleman whose name I can't remember

Overall Experience: 2/5
Price: 3/5

Comments: There are some horror stories on the internet about this dealer, especially a very disturbing comment thread about their Sales Manager which suggests that the Sales Manager actually impersonated someone who gave a negative review in order to "retract" his statement and talk down about another dealer -- in other words, attempting to self-inflate by insulting someone else. This of course was met with a hostile reply from the originator of the comment, which was met with one of the most egotistical responses I've ever seen. Out of undeserved respect, the names of the accused are omitted.

I only discovered those stories after I had gone into the dealer to investigate the car, where I had already formed an opinion that they weren't on the level. They didn't have the GT in stock, only the Premium -- which they tried very hard to sell me on rather than listening to what I asked for. The East Indian fellow was the one who picked up the negotiation, even though it was Roger Lee who took me on the test drive (both were sales reps) -- so I was already tempted not to buy because it wouldn't be fair to Roger to sell me on the car and then have someone else pick up the commission. Both of them weren't very motivated; they seemed to see it merely as a business transaction where they would try to sell me anything, rather than an attempt to show me why I should buy the car I'm interested in.

Though I hold nothing against him, Roger came off as a little naïve and tried to sell me on features that you'd see in a typical Accent (like crumple zones and the hard plastic headlight housing); rather than treating the sport coupe as an actual sport coupe, it was basically being sold like it was a family sedan and it felt a little sad to treat such a wonderful car so pathetically. After the test drive, which was of course a phenomenal experience, he also took a lot of time to walk me through their service department and facilities, trying to establish a dealer relationship before any transactions had ever been completed (which may be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on your point of view). I was pretty impressed with the dealership's appearance, so they get good ranks on quality, and their service department appears to be on the level.

The negotiator, on the other hand, immediately triggered my red flag. He started out by asking me details on what kinds of cars I was in the market for, which I was honest about, but then asked me what I would like my monthly payment would be. Danger, JT Gibson, danger. One of the biggest dealer scams out there is to sell a person on monthly payments -- "You can walk away with this car for just $350/mo.!" -- with a custom financed loan that actually happens to be over 84 months and the final ticket price winds up being higher than cost plus interest. I kept insisting that we'll work out finance details later if necessary, and he either blocked my statement or repeated the question every time, which was enough for me to walk out. Actually, that's the funny thing, because it almost felt like we both decided this transaction just wasn't going to happen.

Recommended: NO

·
2.0T Canned SFR July 2010
352 Posts
Dealership name: Downtown Toronto Hyundai
Reason for visit: Service (1st Oil Change)
Employee(s) dealt with: Fred, Chris (Service Advisors) - Wundum?? (Tech)

Quality of Work: 4.9/5

Comments: So this dealership opened up about 2 weeks and is close to me so I decided to do my first oil change there. They were willing to match what Kingscross offered to do my oil change at (and Kingscross is the lowest amongst all GTA dealers for oil changes). Both service advisors are friendly and easy to chat with. The tech was great. I only took off .1 from the Quality of Work because my door handle, window panel, and steering wheel had some oil marks from the tech's work glove but other than that, good work on the oil change and even helped me retorque my winter lugs and fill my windshield fluid (which i already topped off a few days ago). I wiped the oil marks off at home with some wet naps so all is good.

They said they are moving to a bigger location down the street next year as this is a temp location to hold onto their license from Hyundai Canada so I hope as they go to a bigger location the service and QOW remains the same. This is the dealership I'll be going to service for since they are closest to me.

Recommended? Absolutely Yes

·
COBRA!!!!!!!!!!!
157 Posts
Employee(s) dealt with: who cares lol
Overall Experience: 2.5/5
Price: 0/5

Comments: was about to but a GC from them but at signing realized that they priced out the wrong trim.. so i told them where to go lol

Recommended? NO!

·
Registered
94 Posts
BAD Dealership: Richmond Hill Hyundai

BAD Dealership: Richmond Hill Hyundai

Hi, *** and ***. Thank you for your reply, which I do not need to waste any more time to follow up with you. However, I would appreciate more if you had not taken my precious time on a Saturday which I could meet more potential clients and sold few more cars. Luckily, I had a repeated client who appreciated my premium service and bought a car from me on that day, otherwise I would have no deal on that day which I had spent few hours with you. If you had no intention to buy a car from me, you both should not have taken few hours from me, you ended up giving an offer which was way lower than our cost and bought a car from someone else. Thank you for your attention and appreciated that you had given me a valuable lesson.

--
Alex Mow
Work:905-884-5100(ext.7415)
Cellular:416-998-9288
Fax:905-292-5358
HYUNDAI TM
New Thinking. New Possibilities ®

"A Referral is a big responsibility...it is also the biggest compliment a client can give me and it is never to be taken lightly. I pledge to treat everyone that is referred to me with the utmost level of respect and professionalism"

·
Registered
25 Posts
Dealership name: Elyria Hyundai
Employee(s) dealt with: Sales manager, General Manager, Finance Manager

Vehicle: 2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 (Track Version) Charcoal Grey

Comments:

Elyria Hyundai is the smart choice in Northeast Ohio Hyundai Dealerships. The Sales staff is excellent, especially Vince Cuffaro. He is very attentive to detail, makes the entire sales process easy and with no sales-pressure tactics that other dealerships employ. When I came in to sign the paperwork, it was seamless—no waiting forever, no having to come back because something wasn’t signed or addressed…it was great.

First new car I ever bought and I couldn’t be happier with Vince and Elyria Hyundai.

I bought a 2013 Genesis Coupe and Vince scoured the Earth for one. At the time I put down a deposit in October, there were only 7 in the USA that matched my criteria but all were already spoken for. Vince ordered one right from Hyundai and continued to check and keep me informed weekly as soon as the vehicle had entered the port of call in L.A. in December. He even provided me with the VIN number so that I could make arrangements with my Insurance carrier.

See if you get that level of service and care from other dealerships!

Elyria Hyundai is easy to reach either by Ohio Turnpike or I-90. Their Extended Warranty program is second to none and the dealership personnel bend over backwards to make sure everything is well taken care of. The dealership is clean, well arranged and the staff are great.

My Advice: Contact Vince Cuffaro at 1-440-324-7700 for anything related to Hyundai. He is very knowledgeable and will address all concerns right away. I am very impressed and you will be too…even after the sale.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Don Vally Hyundai Horror Story

^+1
Ugh... That's where I got my Coupe, what a f*cking fiasco dealing with the sales guy there. I got about $1600 off the car, but then paid $500 for a dumbass "protection" package (yeah, im ****ing retarded), which I should I have walked away from the deal at that point, but I still saved a bit from what they were asking.

Dealership name: Sudbury Hyundai
Reason for visit: Service
Employee dealt with: N/A

Price: 4/5 (Any Payments I made were at least legit)

Comments: It took them three attempts over a 60 day period to fix a f*cking hood latch. Then the clear coat starts to peel on my front bumper, and apparently its not covered because of stone chips (there are no stone chips btw). They won't fix the shotty paint job on my bumper, and the service rep at Hyundai Canada tells me the manager is a qualified individual, but can't fix a hood latch. They can't even install a block heater correctly, I have to re-route the plug myself.

Recommended? NOPE!

Dealership name: World Cars Hyundai
Reason for visit: Service and Sales
Employee dealt with: Service Manager - Mark Dick (can't remember sales guy for my elantra)

Price: 4/5 (Bought the Elantra used, sales guy didn't give me much of a deal, but I did get a hundred or two knocked off, so I can't really complain. lol)

Comments: Anytime I had a problem they fixed it the first time, when the vehicle was or was not in warranty. I brought my GC there when the paint was peeling off the bumper because Sudbury Hyundai told me they wouldn't fix it, and Hyundai Canada told me to bring it to another dealer. Well thanks to the Service Manager at World Cars I now have an apointment to have my car looked at by the district manager this month, because the Service Manager from World Cars believed it should be covered by warranty. He also told me how it was, which I already knew, because since I didn't buy the car from Sudbury Hyundai, they don't care and will most likely keep jerking me around.

Recommended? Yes, definitely!

Here is my email trail to Don Crook Vally Hyundai WARNING DO NOT DEAL WITH WEINS GROUP!!!! They also own the Toyota and Lexus dealerships

Hi Brian.

My name is P....and we have spoken before regarding the ongoing issues with my 2008 Hyundai Veracruz I purchased from your dealership back in 2011.

As you know full well, there have been ongoing issues with my vehicle. First with the struts, then the headlamps, Driver window, heated seats and so on.

This is why I purchased the extended warranty from you. However the service has been lackluster at best.
It took 6 months to replace a part for passenger side heated seat issue. You say you replaced the driver side as well even though I had stated it was functioning. Even after it was repaired, the work done was quite sloppy, with your team breaking the tabs on the rear cover and having it fall off while transporting my 3 year old son, bring it back to have your team glue it back on and then to further wait 3 months to repair/replace the cover.

I understand you may have been proactive fixing the driver side heated seat, but yet no one has checked that the engine is leaking oil badly and after I had brought that issue to you, only to discover all the seals (ALL: Quite rare) are broken and that I would need to pay $1000 out of my pocket to repair. Something a quick visual inspection would have alerted me and you to repair. I'm suspecting you purposely chose not to notify me to wait out until my warranty had expired to avoid the costly repair! To add insult to injury the rear wiper motor had failed and I had to spend an extra $350 to repair on top of that a broken emergency brake cable you should have noticed was not functioning when you last DROVE the car into your garage!

To add further insult to injury, the issue with the driver side window and not closing, which your mechanic said he repaired with a little grease, even after I mentioned that I believed that was not the issue and it was the motor, much like the rear wiper motor, and he was adamant that it was not, has come back to haunt me again, and this morning I was barely able to move the window. THIS IS A SAFETY issue along with the emergency brake cable.

I believe you should fix the window properly, what should have been fixed that which you did not do. I should not have to pay out of pocket for a repair which you mechanic said it was a grease problem. This is a motor problem which you did not want to expense to actually fix the problem.

Added to the fact with my Elantra that was recalled and you decided not to set the repair in a timely manner and caused my near death that Hyundai had to reimburse me for the repair made by my mechanic, only to get the car back from you after inspection with the steering wheel misaligned by 30 degrees.

I am writing to you formally to let you know of my experience and I expect the window issue to be FIXED as this is a safety standard issue. I should not have to break the window to evacuate the car in case of an accident. I would also expect that you fix the emergency brake. The name insinuates the importance in road ready safety

I expect your reply in this manner urgently.

Reply from Brian

"Good Afternoon P,

It is unfortunate Don Valley North Hyundai service department has not met your expectations.

Regarding your concern with the driver’s window, the diagnosis and repair was completed November 2011 / 99525 km odometer reading.

Regarding the oil leak, at the time you raised the concern with Don Valley North Hyundai, December 10 2013, odometer reading of 128851 km, this unfortunately was 8851 km past the mileage limitation of the extended warranty.

Regarding the emergency brake cable, you have not requested Don Valley North Hyundai to inspect / diagnosis.

P your Veracruz has exceeded the warranty limitations.

It is with regret Don Valley North Hyundai cannot perform these repairs, with the associated costs being recovered from the manufacture.

2008 Veracruz –

Regards,

Brian

Brian C.Robertson
Parts/Service Manager
Don Valley North Hyundai
7537 Woodbine Ave Markham ON

Thank you"

my response:

"Regarding your concern with the driver’s window, the diagnosis and repair was completed November 2011 / 99525 km odometer reading."

Brian, are you saying that windows need to repaired continually. Should I not expect the window to last for the life of the vehicle? Should I not expect once the problem is repaired not to have the exact same problem one year later. This window was having issues before I brought it in. Just because I brought it in the specific time doesn't mean it wasn't pre- existing ? Or should windows be greased yearly????

Regarding the oil leak, at the time you raised the concern with Don Valley North Hyundai, December 10 2013, odometer reading of 128851 km, this unfortunately was 8851 km past the mileage limitation of the extended warranty.

Do you expect me to open the hood? Or do I report the issue when the engine has a catastrophic failure? Or do I expect service professionals to let me know about issues before they happen?? I was told it was leaking for a while.Do you or do you not do your due diligence?

Are you suggesting that Hyundai vehicles have faulty engines that after a couple of years all the seals crack from the moment they leave your lot???

Regarding the emergency brake cable, you have not requested Don Valley North Hyundai to inspect / diagnosis.

Are you suggesting that no one bothered to test an emergency brake or anything in general when the vehicle is having issue after issue. Is it not warranted to expect that a diagnosis of some other issue especially ones related to safety after the vehicle was brought to you due to a safety recall. You certainly did that with the driver seat and took that apart when I told you there WERE NO ISSUES WITH IT ONLY THE PASSENGER SIDE...So, why after you are suggesting you only fix a specified part upon request do you go ahead and fix something that was not requested or related to that specific problem?? Or how about the whole head lamp when your mechanic told me the other light bulb needed to be replaced. ?

There is no consistency. It seems to me you made a concerted effort not to inform me of relevant issues. i.e. the strut problem was present when I purchased the vehicle. How do you go around selling vehicles like that?

I also failed to add when I called for the Wiper Part that costs $300 dollars in order to warranty the part that a non refundable diagnostic $150 charge would be applied? That doesn't sound right. Lucky I had call record on. Would you like me to play that back to you?

I want to escalate this matter.

Please provide me who I should take this matter up with!

Its ok to replace someone's car that gets run over by an SUV that insurance would cover as a nice publicity stunt but when you sell a reliable vehicle and expert service and you get otherwise you're treated like refuse when you raise the issue. You do realize your logo is on my car??

And now that I recall, the salesman kept telling while test driving the car not to leave the AWD button on which my wife in the car overheard. I didnt think much of it before?? But it was strange.....

Lets not forget the issue with the Elantra...

Brian's Response:

"Peter,

Hyundai Auto Canada is the warranty provider / administrator .

Regards,

Brian "

My reply:

Brian

You have not addressed any of my concerns. Do not deflect, reflect, divert from the main point. The warranty is another issue. You or your team not fulfilling your professional duty is what is at question here. I fail to understand how you are sidetracking the window issue to a warranty issue if the problem you say you fixed (UNDER WARRANTY) resurfaces in a short period with the same exact problem.

"Hyundai Auto Canada is the warranty provider / administrator ."

What exactly are you saying. That you and your team do not take responsibility. Or that the dealership sold a car knowingly with faulty problems that you refused to properly repair. Someone has to be accountable. Who would be accountable for all the issues I am having? Who is accountable for poor repair work? I am not sure what this has to do with warranty. Obviously warranty means nothing if the quality of the work being done under warranty is poor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
so an update.

I wasnt really getting any momentum, with meeting the VP of service today. Basically if instead of $1000 for a repair he said he was willing to do it for $850 plus tax. He wanted an additional $150 to fix the emergency brake which was not covered by the extended warranty. Be very weary of extended warranties. Seems they are worthless. He told me the warranty covers the engine and not the seals. What else does it not cover, faulty bolts on the engine? I mean this is so funny that there are tears in my eyes. I said that was not acceptable and really were not doing anything for me. So he gave another deal almost half of the cost to repair fully plus tax. Well after an hour I was getting tired and just agreed. Hopefully they fix the item and I never have to go back. My next care will be definitely a toyota.

They lubed the window again. They were adamant it wasnt the motor. OK. Will it happen again. They said it was very likely. Its quite common in cars. That again amused me since this has never happened to me on any other car including the previous hyundai I owned.

So in word, i need to lube my window often. Maybe I will jerk off and lube it with own cream since I was jerked off already. Why stop the trend. Funny how the other windows seem to have no issue.

I will give them an B for effort. I will report back to tell you how the repair goes. Hope to god that is the end of my trouble.

PS. One of the guys broke my cell phone holder, no big deal really I mean they offered to pay to buy a new one. So ok

And the muffler heat shield had literally evaporated off. Reminds me of the old pony's cars went but literally rusted to dust in a couple of years. Seems the problem still exists.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts