1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
 ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
1,913 Posts
holy **** glad your ok

·
Registered
544 Posts
I guess on the positive side it does show what the car can take.

How sore were you after this?

·
Use the F'n Search Button
4,280 Posts
Well, obviously its a side collision with a car. I'd be interesting in hearing how it happened.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, obviously its a side collision with a car. I'd be interesting in hearing how it happened.
Silverado pickup hit me at about 45-50mph... Cops said the car saved my life.. My leg was bruised and sore for about a month. It was the GT and now I have the Track! :eek:

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Damn, someone got t boned! Glad you're ok.

·
Registered
544 Posts
You probably don't know exactly what your body was doing during the crash but it sure looks like the curtain airbag saved your melon. I remember when you posted the accident scene and being amazed at how hard a hit you took. Big weight advantage to the truck, basic physics can kill.

Good luck with your new GC!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You probably don't know exactly what your body was doing during the crash but it sure looks like the curtain airbag saved your melon. I remember when you posted the accident scene and being amazed at how hard a hit you took. Big weight advantage to the truck, basic physics can kill.

Good luck with your new GC!
I think it helped that I didn't see it coming. I had no time to tense up. :)

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Holy @#%! :eek:
didn't even have its first oil change :wtc:

Good to hear you're fine!

·
Use the F'n Search Button
4,280 Posts
but it sure looks like the curtain airbag saved your melon.
Correct, exactly why the airbag is placed above the window, instead of the A-pillar, where people commonly mistake the airbag to be.

I was T-boned once in a car that did not have side airbags. My head broke the window, resulting in alot of stitches.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Correct, exactly why the airbag is placed above the window, instead of the A-pillar, where people commonly mistake the airbag to be.

I was T-boned once in a car that did not have side airbags. My head broke the window, resulting in alot of stitches.
The airbag came out so smoothly that I didn't even know it.

·
Out Pissing Off cops!
4,572 Posts
Just a note, the GC got 19 out of 20 star rating in the very recent NHTSA(sp?) 40mph side impact test, trumping cars costing twice as much...

IT also did very well in the ~20mph side pole impact, which is another new test they do on new vehicles.

All available crash information is in the description of each video.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just a note, the GC got 19 out of 20 star rating in the very recent NHTSA(sp?) 40mph side impact test, trumping cars costing twice as much...

YouTube - 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe NCAP Side Impact (New NHTSA Test)

IT also did very well in the ~20mph side pole impact, which is another new test they do on new vehicles.

YouTube - 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe NCAP Side Pole Impact (New NHTSA Test)

All available crash information is in the description of each video.
Mine was a 2011. As you can see it looks just like the video.

·
Out Pissing Off cops!
4,572 Posts
Mine was a 2011. As you can see it looks just like the video.
After seeing this and reading about actual members who had the unfortunate opportunity to put the car's safety features to the test, I think that Hyundai did a very good job in the crash safety department.

So the finish and initial quality might not be 100%, but the most important area is covered 100%.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
After seeing this and reading about actual members who had the unfortunate opportunity to put the car's safety features to the test, I think that Hyundai did a very good job in the crash safety department.

So the finish and initial quality might not be 100%, but the most important area is covered 100%.
I will not buy a car that has a crappy rating... It is the 1st thing I look up and since 2011 was not avail I did the 2010.. :)

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
wow i am really hapy to see this information on the cars safety ratings...glad your ok man

·
Meet Organizer
1,399 Posts
HAHHA...that auction website has the Car's country of origin as North Korea!

"Country of Origin : KOREA, DEMOCRATIC PE"

North Korea = Democratic People's Republic of North Korea.

Glad to know you're ok though!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts