Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're pleased to announce that we have launched a new smartphone view on the site, in addition to the recently added mobile view in the last upgrade. This version has been designed to have a cleaner look, to fit really nicely into mobile (iPhone, Android) browsers, and unlike most normal web based skins will also include features that are normally reserved for desktop or phone applications. We built this as we realize you all spend more time today on your phones on the forum than you did 2 years ago, and we want to get the mobile view to a place where you can do everything (and more!) that you can do on desktop.

A few notes as I know many of you may have questions:

* This does not replace the free or paid in-apps that you have, such as any mobile apps. This is web-only.
* This new skin will only show when you access the site from a modern (Android 4+, iPhone) phone. It will not show for older phones or for tablets, blackberries or windows phones.
* Please give us some time as we work through bugs. Give it a try, give us feedback in our mobile thread url, and give it a chance. Every change needs time to get used to!​

If you visit the site from your mobile phone, you'll get the new view automatically. You can login, post, reply, upload photos, view your private messages and more. You can also use the legacy mobile view by choosing the top left menu and Exit Enhanced Mobile Mode.

The feedback thread for any bugs, etc, please post below.

**Please let use know the device, software version, and browser being used if reporting any issues.

Thanks!

UPDATE BELOW*

·
"Bentley" Owner
257 Posts
It takes several taps of "back" on my iPhone when on a thread for the Safari browser to actually go back a webpage. And even then it's very buggy.

Looks pretty, but seems to take a bit longer to load threads.

·
Administrator
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It takes several taps of "back" on my iPhone when on a thread for the Safari browser to actually go back a webpage. And even then it's very buggy.

Looks pretty, but seems to take a bit longer to load threads.
What phone, and software are you using? Any screen shots I can share so we can try to recreate?

Jeff

·
"Bentley" Owner
257 Posts
What phone, and software are you using? Any screen shots I can share so we can try to recreate?

Jeff

iPhone 5S, iOS version 7.1.2, hard to post screenshots since both issues I mentioned are more so actions rather than a display error. I'd have to record my phone screen while I access the site.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: admin

·
Administrator
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
iPhone 5S, iOS version 7.1.2, hard to post screenshots since both issues I mentioned are more so actions rather than a display error. I'd have to record my phone screen while I access the site.

10-4, by Back do you mean the breadcrumb trail at the top? The mobile browser does not have a "back" button unless you are not in the new mobile version.

Jeff

·
"Bentley" Owner
257 Posts
10-4, by Back do you mean the breadcrumb trail at the top? The mobile browser does not have a "back" button unless you are not in the new mobile version.

Jeff

By "back" I mean utilizing the browser back button (the directional arrow) to return to the previous web page - in most cases for me a google search.

·
Administrator
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
By "back" I mean utilizing the browser back button (the directional arrow) to return to the previous web page - in most cases for me a google search.

Gotcha - can you just give me a screen shot that shows where you are at, I just want to confirm we are talking about the same thing. I do not need the full action of the movement, a still will be fine.

Jeff

·
Clutch Burner
766 Posts
Will the paid auto guide Android app be fixed anytime soon to allow logged in forums to be at the top again?

·
"Bentley" Owner
257 Posts
Gotcha - can you just give me a screen shot that shows where you are at, I just want to confirm we are talking about the same thing. I do not need the full action of the movement, a still will be fine.

Jeff

Sure. Here is the "loading" pop up that seems to take some time to load (even on wifi). And this is also what seems to "loop" when I hit back to where I have to spam the back button to actually get it to go back a web page. ImageUploadedByAG Free1409764438.490149.jpg

·
Administrator
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
SUN★WORKS
56,362 Posts
On my Android S5, the "loading" screen is slow taking 3-4 seconds on both wifi and 4g.

The desktop version is buggy. The tabs will disappear often.

·
SUN★WORKS
56,362 Posts
Desktop version of mobile form the bottom left drop down?

I was referring to the chrome feature "request desktop site" .

·
Administrator
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sure. Here is the "loading" pop up that seems to take some time to load (even on wifi). And this is also what seems to "loop" when I hit back to where I have to spam the back button to actually get it to go back a web page. View attachment 13626

They are releasing some updates later this week that should help, in the the mean time try clearing browsing data and cache. That could help if you have not do so already.

Jeff

·
Administrator
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hello everyone,

We’re excited to announce that additional features has been added and improvements were made to the enhanced mobile view.
Thanks to the feedback that everyone has provided, we were able to tailor the mobile view to better fit forum members’ needs and fix a few bugs along the way.

A few of the new features that were added includes:
• Completely replacing the PM system with one that better matches what members see in the desktop version.
• A pull-to-refresh functionality has been added on all appropriate pages in addition to the refresh already available in the overflow menu.
• A new scrolling feature has been added so that if the user starts scrolling the screen prior to an auto-scroll happening (like moving to a post per the current read position), the auto-scroll is cancelled so the user is not fighting with it.
• There is now a font size preview in the Font Size settings page so the members would know what to expect.
• Sticky topics can now be hidden from within the page where they are being viewed
• The vote count on poll results has been animated to count up along with the bar graph animations that were already present.

Now on to some of the fixes we that have implemented:
• After sharing a photo from the media viewer, the user will not be returned to the media viewer instead of the topic.
• PMs will now be correctly marked as viewed and word-wrapped.
• The forum will now work with iOS Safari if the user had opted to block all cookies.
• Double-tapping buttons or links will no longer cause functionality to execute twice.
• The text in the header is now re-sizing correctly when members are scrolling through the page or opening the side menu.

Please give this newly improved version of the mobile view a try and feel free to let us know what you think in the feedback thread.

**Please let us know the device, software version, and browser being used if reporting any issues.

Thank you.

·
R-SPEC
22 Posts
dont know if this is still an ongoing thing but I have a samsung galaxy note 3 running Android using Chrome and I find this new layout horrible. randomly jumps to top of post and is completely unusable with search, zoom in and out at random closing search bar. unable to see keyboard and search bar at same time no matter which way I turn my phone.

·
Administrator
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dont know if this is still an ongoing thing but I have a samsung galaxy note 3 running Android using Chrome and I find this new layout horrible. randomly jumps to top of post and is completely unusable with search, zoom in and out at random closing search bar. unable to see keyboard and search bar at same time no matter which way I turn my phone.
Hello,

What version of Android are you running? I want to see if I can duplicate this on my end with a similar model and system.

Thank you!

~KM, community support

·
R-SPEC
22 Posts
galaxy note 3 running kit kat. while on page, tap on search hourglass, when keyboard comes up it will close search, then when going back to search it will close keyboard, constant loop. at random times will scroll up to top or bottom of page when just trying to get to next post in line.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts