Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's not so bad on my steering wheel but it is very noticeable on my shift knob. I've seen other people with the same problem on this forum and had them replaced at the dealer for free under warranty. Being used and CPO, can I get mine replaced for free at the dealer?

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Most likely, I had my steering wheel scraped off a little bit and they replaced it pretty easily.

·
Timbit Biter
1,775 Posts
Ask them to replace them with the 2013 parts...they are buttery smooth leather and so much nicer!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, so they can even replace it with 2013 steering wheels? I will definitely hit up the dealer sometime this week to get it replaced.

·
Timbit Biter
1,775 Posts
There is no difference in 2013 parts, except they use a smooth leather instead of the bumpy leather.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is the process of replacement a hassle or is it just 'no questions asked straight up replacement' at the dealer?

·
Registered
593 Posts
for me it was no questions asked, just that they took forever to give me an appointment. and it only takes like 1 hour which isn't bad for dealership standards

·
Registered
71 Posts
Great info guys, I had the same problem. The left side where I hold the steering wheel is peeling and the shifter knob is pretty much all the way peeled.

·
Registered
616 Posts
yup. had the same issue within the first 10k kms i had the car (left side wheel and shifter), brought it in and they changed it no-questions-asked.

Going on 26k kms on the new wheel and it still looks new so whoever said i had "acidy" hands... eat me.

·
240SX turned GC
1,176 Posts
dealer said 2013 is different part # would not give me one, :?
this is my 3rd one going on, i wish they would just give me cash and i can go get it reupholstered at a legit shop in like alcantra or something

·
Registered
616 Posts
i dont know if they gave a a 2013 wheel, but the leather was very different - much more durable looking.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Why does the leather start cracking or peeling. Is it normal wear and tear or some other issues going on. I've heard this happening to brand new 2013

·
Registered
616 Posts
its not normal wear and tear that ruined mine within 10k kms. the new one they gave me was different and still looks new, so it was the quality leather they used.

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
technically it falls under the 1 year 12K warranty, but dealers have been hit or miss beyond that for various members.

I have never had the steering wheel issues with mine after 3.5 years and 115K miles. I did have my shift knob plastic come undone once which was covered under warranty.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts