Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I wanted to see if anyone out there has tried using a wot box and set it to cut spark right before redline so the auto trans wouldn't automatically shift when drifting or doing a burnout. Does anyone have any idea if this is possible?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Would have to set the limiter at 5700, otherwise it will shift. Question, does the WOT box only limit revs in first gear?

·
Super Moderator
40,498 Posts
Uh... so if you limit your RPMs to 5700.... wouldn't you still have to upshift manually to go faster? Something about this doesn't make much sense.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm saying you turn it on only for drifting just so it will hold a gear. To get the auto sideways it is sometime hard to hold it without coming close to redline where it will auto shift. so i was thinking you can install a wot box and set the rev limit to whatever it needs to be at so the Trans won't auto shift in tiptronic. Not sure if anyone had a wot box on a 3.8 auto

·
Logan
861 Posts
Yes. I got one (never installed, waiting for headers first) to use for autocross and get more consistent launches. Going to wire a toggle switch to act as the clutch sensor and limit the revs. I talked to the people at n2mb and they confirmed that my idea would work.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Uh... so if you limit your RPMs to 5700.... wouldn't you still have to upshift manually to go faster? Something about this doesn't make much sense.
You want to prevent the computer from shifting for you, so you don't get an unexpected shift which would result in ending the drift or worse an accident.

·
3.8 Track Owner
608 Posts
this is a great idea until a tuning solution is found out. I would be very interested to see your results. I have been drifting in my AT for a while now and even though i can work around the auto up shifts every now and then one surprises me and i catch ruining a perfect drift. Please keep us informed if you try this out! :D

·
Super Moderator
40,498 Posts
Huh... funny... my computer doesn't upshift for me.

·
Super Moderator
40,498 Posts
I go where the wind takes me :D

·
British Oreo.
944 Posts
What I'm more interested is finding out exactly how to install this blasted thing in the V6.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Any luck with the WOT Box on an automatic trans?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Interested in this as well!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys I wanted to see if anyone out there has tried using a wot box and set it to cut spark right before redline so the auto trans wouldn't automatically shift when drifting or doing a burnout. Does anyone have any idea if this is possible?
Thanks
Hey different discussion, would you be able to help me understand how to install the switch for an automatic transmission?? Thank you

1 - 17 of 17 Posts