Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone please help me out here, I want to be 150% sure about what line I'm cutting into, I'm trying to install my boost gauge and need to cut into the vacuum line...could someone either post a pic or tell me exactly which line I want in detail? lol.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right, saw it, maybe you can make sense of the one picture in there that is zoomed 800% on the vacuum line, looks REALLY confusing because he loops the one line around for some odd reason and since it's so close in I have no idea where that line is....which is what my question is.

·
Knows some stuff...
6,852 Posts
It loops so it doesn't bend/kink. You don't need to cut into anything either. Just pull the black hose off that barb on the IM and "T" into it. Just make sure you are on the green side of the check valve.

Looking at your engine look to your right, the IM side. On it near the back, there is a two black barbs coming out of the IM and that has a 4" or so little hose between the barbs with a green/white valve. Or that 800% pic you are referring to, he is standing at the drivers side front wheel, looking towards the passenger side front wheel. The right barb is the onle closest to the firewall.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IM? sorry idk what that stands for :[ something manifold? So pull the hose off and T into it...I feel like the T needs a hose connection on both sides of the T, but im only taking off one hose? and don't need to cut? ....think you could take a quick pic on your car :[

Thanks for the help

·
Knows some stuff...
6,852 Posts
IM = intake maniifold, the aluminum thing on the drivers side of your engine.

You pull the back hose off the left barb, put one side of the "T" into that hose you just pulled off. The other side of the "T" goes right back to the left barb with a little bit of hose (like that clean looped one in the pic), the bottom of the "T" goes to your boost gauge.

You can cut into if you want, but you don't need to. If you where to cut into it, you wouldn't need the small clear loop, you would just have a "T" in there and the bottom of the "T" would still go to the boost gauge. Though I don't think you can fit a "T" between the left barb and the green check valve, that is why you add a hose and loop it, and it saves you from cutting anything so it is reversible.

May car has the same basic look, there would be no piont to take a pic.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So you are saying I need a seperate hose then? The hose that came with the gauge is just for running between bottom of T to MAP sensor...

·
Knows some stuff...
6,852 Posts
Pretty much. I am not next to my car to measure... If you think you can fit the "T" in between the green and left barb, then your good. But if you can't, you need like 4" of boost hose to make a loop like the DIY above.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can I cut the hose i pull off in the middle and put the T inbetween?

·
Knows some stuff...
6,852 Posts
lol, it is your car, you can do whatever you want. You are making it too dificult. Think of it conceptually. All you are doing is tapping into that line to signal your boost gauge.

It is a waste of money, but you could put in 5 "T"s if you wanted. Use your brain, and figure out a way to put a "T" in between the green side of the check valve and the left barb. Are you actually standing in front of your car in between any of these convo's. I think you are underestimating yourself here. Go out side and look at that area and think to yourself how could you tap into that hose in between the green side of the check valve and the left (closest to the front bumper) barb.

I am not trying to be a dick, but I don't know how to make it clearer. I would possibly reconsider doing anything to your car if you can't understand how to do this.

After you are done, if you want to take a pic of it so someone here can verify it, I would be glad to give you the "OK". Though there isn't much you can do to damge your engine here short of pouring contaminents in this hose you are pulling off. You can test it out and start your car, if it reads ~20in hg (-10psi) at ilde, then you did it right.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow awesome.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I understand now.

I was just confused, I need an extra clear hose like he has.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hooked my boost/vac gauge up...used the line..in the DIY boost gauge install...im gettingn-10 vac and the first 10 mins it was pulling 12-15 boost. But now when I push on it...It says 15-20 boost which I know is incorrect....I have an electric gauge that goes through its own map sensor....maybe I need to hook up elsewhere like by the WG?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
just put it back to stock and have someone else do it for you.
How about you do it for me buddy?

Anyway, I feel like I'm asking a legit question here, I know there are different gauges (electrical, mechanical...etc...) and the DIY was done a bit ago...

Done just as it was in the DIY....T line running back to MAP sensor that came with Auto Meter gauge, which then runs into the car to the boost/vac gauge.

My question...if anyone could kindly answer...

Would hooking the T line up at , oh say, the WG, maybe give me a more accurate read? I don't know maybe someone has an electrical auto meter that has the MAP sensor and has it hooked up differently.

Thanks for any help anyone can give, and gfys inhale.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts