Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 genesis coupe 3.8 Liter V6
Got three bad buckets never done this before so I need some HELP!! I have the camshaft off well a friend who I asked to help took it apart before I got home so I don't know what goes were when and if I'm able to complete this impossible job. So I purchased a micrometer and gauges ,engine is apart exposed are the buckets what is next ??

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,691 Posts
A buddy of mine did a compression test and determined it was the first three driver side . So I have to put the cams back in then check the clearance???
If you don't know the clearance numbers before he took the cam out then that's the only way to know. And if you are going to do that then make sure you check them all.

What's bad with the buckets?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Usually when those buckets go bad there's a little nipple inside that wears off and it causes the tapping noise, if the engine doesn't run the first thing you need to do is check fuel pressure if fuel pressure is good make sure you have fuel I've seen them where they were empty on fuel if you'll take is full then you need to do a compression test and a leak down test those buckets the picture that you showed looked okay to me

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
16,320 Posts
looks like an oiling issue to me.

the bucket is guided by the bore around the valve guide.

the markings on the side of the bucket suggests it's chattering.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts