Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a lot of vendor hate threads on this forum. Some of them are justified, and some of them aren't. There are three basic steps to follow when you feel you've been screwed:

1. Direct correspondence between the vendor and the customer
2. Clarification of expectations/agreements
3. Giving the vendor an opportunity to fix a problem (if there ends up being one)

If either party fails to do any of these three steps, there is a problem. If it is the customer failing to do these, there is no justification for a hate thread. If the customer reaches out and the vendor fails these three steps, then there is cause for concern. But a vendor can't be expected to fix something when they aren't aware of a problem.

Please, people, don't go out bashing vendors when you haven't done your due diligence. The only reason I haven't written up a few bad reviews is because I never took the initiative to let that vendor know there was a problem, I just decided to deal with it. And that is my problem, my responsibility.

As far as vendors not following through when the customer reaches out and gives you an opportunity to fix a problem, people will eventually figure out where they can reliably do business. I know this is only from a consumer standpoint, but please, vendors, feel free to chime in and let me know if I'm off base on anything. All I am trying to do here is bring some semblance of common sense and civility to the review system, while reducing the amount of hate threads that get locked by mods.

·
xFa
446 Posts
thats why the search function is so amazing :) I know who i can buy from just by reading all of the hate threads. not disagreeing with you btw.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts