Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the ECU from someone that bought it and never installed it, its a stage 1 ECU from SFR. I recieved it in the mail yesterday and will install it over the weekend.
There are no distinguishing markings or SFR stickers, etc that I can see on it. Is there anyway before I install and therefore lock it to my VIN, that it is indeed a "tuned" ECU?
If not, is there a sure fire way after I install it that I'll now, a different way the traction control button responds perhaps?
I just want to make sure I'm not swapping stock for stock lol.

·
I drive a V6
4,978 Posts
rev limit is raised. Not sure if it is raised when the car is not in motion. Very easy to tell once installed, just drive and see if rev limit is raised.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
According to their site its bumped to 7,200 but the neutral 5k rev limit is still in effect, I guess once the car settles in to it's new tune I'll run it up to 7k and see what happens lol. Factory rev limit is 6800 so should be fairly easy to figure out.

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
Couple of things.

1) New tuned ECU won't pull your VIN once plugged in. If scanned it will show whatever VIN it was last programmed with.

2) Be careful with used tuned ECUs. There are several types and versions of software on the ECUs out there even for the exact same year, trim, trans, etc. Running a different version can cause issues with immobilizer where car either won't start or goes into limp mode frequently and randomly.

3) If you want to know the history and if its compatible to your car, contact SFR. Jay saves all stock data and in for for each ECU. He may be able to reference the info off the sticker on it to give you more info to answer these questions.

4) The ECU will have no outward sign if flashing. That is the point of a reflash, so that you don't have to deal with the dealer hassling you for warranty work.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts