Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I just bought a 2011 Genesis coupe 2.0t a week ago, on my way home tonight I came to a stop sign, rolled through it and got on the gas slightly, the car jerked to about 3k rpm then dropped to 1k jerked to 3k ish again then back down, then did it once more before I let off the gas, it did it decently rapidly, I got back on the gas pedal and it was fine for the remaining 30 seconds to my house, it probably did this within a span of 5 seconds max, it is an automatic, it has 126k miles on it and definitely isn’t perfect but this is the first thing it has done in the week I have owned it. I’m sure the car was beat on before I bought it but it seems to run and drive great besides doing this, if anyone has had this issue or knows what it is and if it should be concerning please let me know.

·
Registered
2014 Hoondai 🏎️💨 GC 2.0T FBO+SFR
157 Posts
Check for any pending or past codes.?
You should do every maintenance item on the car. Oil Change*, Transmission Fluid*, Brake Fluid, Fuel Induction Service*, Power Steering Fluid, Coolant Exhaust, Air* Filters, Fuel Filter, Sparks*, Belt*.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check for any pending or past codes.?
You should do every maintenance item on the car. Oil Change*, Transmission Fluid*, Brake Fluid, Fuel Induction Service*, Power Steering Fluid, Coolant Exhaust, Air* Filters, Fuel Filter, Sparks*, Belt*.
Yeah I’m going to do all that definitely. Especially the transmission, today I turned off a main road and I was barely moving and got on the gas and it was as if I was in neutral… it didn’t clunk back into gear or make any sounds but it was as if I was in neutral for that quick moment, regardless I’m going to check and change the tranny fluid, but I’m not sure if that be more so the differential? I feel like if it was the transmission it would have clunk/slammed back into gear? I had a Tacoma with a slipping transmission and it would jerk back in and make a big clunk sound.

·
Advenio Pariter
4,033 Posts
I had a 2011 2.0T w/AT and I would do a drain and fill every 45k miles or so. I also added a Magnefine inline filter. When I sold it she had over 10 years and over 134k miles on the clock and ran perfectly. I would say change the fluid and maybe change it again reasonably soon. A drain and fill it pretty easy and takes 5 quarts. This is a Jatco (Nissan) transmission and as I recall the only issue was if the valve body gets dirty. Pretty stout transmission otherwise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a 2011 2.0T w/AT and I would do a drain and fill every 45k miles or so. I also added a Magnefine inline filter. When I sold it she had over 10 years and over 134k miles on the clock and ran perfectly. I would say change the fluid and maybe change it again reasonably soon. A drain and fill it pretty easy and takes 5 quarts. This is a Jatco (Nissan) transmission and as I recall the only issue was if the valve body gets dirty. Pretty stout transmission otherwise.
how difficult was it to change yourself? I was reading about it since it’s a sealed transmission, which I have never owned a sealed tranny so never even knew of such thing existing. It says I have to pump fluid in, the correct amount of fluid as well, get all the other fluid out of everywhere that isn’t the pan itself, I have not figured out how to know How much fluid is In there unless ik how much I add, trying to find info on this I have come up pretty short besides the process of how to do it, idk if I should just take it to like Hyundai or somewhere and just suffer the cost of them doing it and hoping they do it right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts