Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
It's called shimmy diagnoser on the app store, it was like $18 i think.

I have tried something like this. The wheels i have on the car now have been on even before the vibrations started, they are work varianzas so they aren't cheapo wheels, but just to rule it out, i tried out my old stock Genesis wheels snd the vibrations were pretty much the same
Can you put the car on a dyno and just check if the same happens at the same speed there? We can rule out driveshaft and rear wheel (assembly) if the vibrations is gone.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Can you put the car on a dyno and just check if the same happens at the same speed there? We can rule out driveshaft and rear wheel (assembly) if the vibrations is gone.
I don't have access to a Dyno anywhere near me unfortunately. I ended up replacing the rear control arms and that hub assembly that they said was bad. Exact same vibration still persists. The only other thing i can think of replacing is the wheels if the driveshaft isn't bad. Everything else seems tight

·
Registered
94 Posts
I don't have access to a Dyno anywhere near me unfortunately. I ended up replacing the rear control arms and that hub assembly that they said was bad. Exact same vibration still persists. The only other thing i can think of replacing is the wheels if the driveshaft isn't bad. Everything else seems tight
I replaced my wheels yesterdaybut have not tried motorway speeds with them yet, but one thing I noticed when I stored the original wheels, was that one wheel could not roll straight, we will see.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
All of my wheels look straight to the naked eye at least, there aren't and bends either. Maybe once is slightly out of round and I'm just not noticing. I'm going on vacation and my buddy who I'm visiting has a set of wheels i could try. He knows they're good. I'll post results after i fit them and test drive

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Hopefully that means they're going to take it seriously, because all the mechanics in my area have been giving me the run around. I had one mechanic go on a ride along with me, and at 70mph, withe the who car shaking, he had the never to look me dead in the face and tell me "i don't feel anything"

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hopefully that means they're going to take it seriously, because all the mechanics in my area have been giving me the run around. I had one mechanic go on a ride along with me, and at 70mph, withe the who car shaking, he had the never to look me dead in the face and tell me "i don't feel anything"
Omg, that is frustrating.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts