Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
78,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

EV charging for apartment dwellers is a challenge. Click above to watch video after the jump.

Recently, we got an email from a reader named Bernadine asking about apartment dwellers charging their plug-in cars. She wrote:
I would like to see Autoblog contact, address, and consider how would apartment dwellers fit in the scheme of things by the manufacturers of "green" vehicles. I am quite sure there are others, like myself, who would love to purchase or get in line to order such vehicles. However, we do not have garages or nearby outlets that we can access to charge our vehicles, once purchased. Are there any projects in place that will address the needs of apartment dwellers? Will our local gas stations be transformed into electric stations?
Turns out, Bernadine isn't the only one thinking about this particular issue. We covered it in some depth about a year ago in this Greenlings article, which noted that, in 2009, Mitsubishi helped develop an electric vehicle charging system for apartment buildings in Japan. More recently, our friend Paul Scott and Santa Monica Nissan did a presentation very subject at a local library. The panelists included people with deep knowledge of EVSEs, permitting and other related issues. You can watch a well-edited video of that event provided by Plug In America after the jump.

Lastly, we have some news about charging for people without a garage or a dedicated parking space. A company called 350Green is bringing a fast EV charging station network to the U.S. that is designed specifically for this type of plug-in driver. The network is made up of DC fast chargers that will be installed at "select, high-traffic retail locations" in six cities in the Bay Area. Find more details in the press release on the other side of the jump.

[Sources: Plug In America, 350Green]Continue reading Video: How apartment dwellers can charge their electric vehicles

Video: How apartment dwellers can charge their electric vehicles originally appeared on Autoblog on Sun, 06 Feb 2011 15:33:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts