Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
78,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Filed under: Coupe, Performance, Videos, Lexus

Lexus LFA displays serious control on launch - Click above to watch video after the jump

Today, it's almost impossible to buy a new supercar without launch control; the 2011 Lexus LFA is no exception. It might not be the fastest, with a zero-to-60 time of "only" 3.7 seconds, yet the LFA remains an impressive rubber-footed beast.

The LFA's V10 wails towards its 9,500 rpm fuel cutoff like an oni haunting whoever slides behind the wheel. The video posted after the jump focuses on the tachometer as a Lexus LFA bolts from a starting line with the launch control lending its assistance. The driver pushes the car all the way up to 260 km/h (around 163 mph) before letting up on the throttle. Click past the jump to launch into the clip.

[Source: Lexus Enthusiast]Continue reading Video: Lexus LFA launch control makes start lines disappear quickly

Video: Lexus LFA launch control makes start lines disappear quickly originally appeared on Autoblog on Sat, 19 Feb 2011 14:02:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

·
Slurpee
1,740 Posts
Speechless. :bowdown:

·
The OG
7,957 Posts
That's crazy! :broken:

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
gt-r still beats this car by a few hundred grand..and only a quarter of a car length slower in the 1/4 mile. lexus fail. nissan win.

·
Registered
388 Posts
gt-r still beats this car by a few hundred grand..and only a quarter of a car length slower in the 1/4 mile. lexus fail. nissan win.
The 2012 GT-R is 0-60 in 2.9 and 1/4 in 11.1 with a 60-0 stopping distance of 101 ft. :bowdown:

·
Registered
388 Posts
2012 GTR vs 2011 GTR

·
Retired Staff
2,303 Posts
F*ck.... who cares about the GTR.
The LFA is shooting for BALLERS... its a luxury supercar, where the GTR is just a raw dog performance supercar.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
90,000 more then i got! the new 2012 grt is hooooooot

·
Registered
206 Posts
The LFA is shooting for BALLERS... its a luxury supercar, where the GTR is just a raw dog performance supercar.
+1 Just compare the interiors... if you want the absolute fastest then the GTR is where it's at. But, I would never take a GT-R over an LFA, I would happily give up a little speed for ultra-luxury any day. But it's all about preference I guess.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Obviously you're the only one who doesn't. But I could say the same about a 400K LEXUS. Lexus and Toyota has never built a supercar yet you guys think it's worth it when Lamborghini,Ferrari and McLaren makes a better supercar for the money. And also they have been making supercars for decades.

+1 Just compare the interiors... if you want the absolute fastest then the GTR is where it's at. But, I would never take a GT-R over an LFA, I would happily give up a little speed for ultra-luxury any day. But it's all about preference I guess.
The interior in the LF-A is not a luxurious interior like a LS460. The Lexus and GT-R have nice materials inside in case you didn't know. They both have nice leather,aluminum trim,magnesium trim, and carbon fiber. You guys are just pissed that Nissan made a better performer for the money. I'm also surprised you guys like the Gencoupe as the kind of mentality towards the GT-R would suggest you guys like paying 5x more for a luxury interior.:rofl:

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
GT-R is AWD...
4 wheels > 2 wheels

I would still take a LF-A though over a GT-R. Would have more fun that's for sure.

·
Spy
1,301 Posts
What's up with the needle shake?
its a digital screen b/c lexus said a "normal"/analog tach couldnt keep up with the engine *scoffs*

1 - 16 of 16 Posts