Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Very very little but good enough to last. :)
Nice! That'll make things easier. Do you have a spoiler? I'm thinking I will have to swap trunk lids for someone without one if I wrap my car. Look at my avatar, that style of spoiler looks like it will be a PITA.

·
DIY Noob o__o...
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Nice! That'll make things easier. Do you have a spoiler? I'm thinking I will have to swap trunk lids for someone without one if I wrap my car. Look at my avatar, that style of spoiler looks like it will be a PITA.
Ohhh yeah! Unless you can take it off and re-install it. I personally like the trunk with no spoilers in this car.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Ohhh yeah! Unless you can take it off and re-install it. I personally like the trunk with no spoilers in this car.
Even with it off the trunk it would be impossible. I may to with a lip spoiler if anything.

Either way, yours looks good! You need to get some better (and bigger) pics posted up on here!

I'm sure I'll be PMing you once I start my wrap. haha.

·
Headlight God
790 Posts
Hey Julian...time to start your own business buddy...lol

Dan

·
Registered
294 Posts
jhan- Can you take a picture of the door handle on your car? I want to see what you did with the vinyl around that rubber button on the outside of the handle....

·
PM me for deals
1,930 Posts
Hey jhan why don't you come out to cali and do my car? :)

·
DIY Noob o__o...
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
jhan- Can you take a picture of the door handle on your car? I want to see what you did with the vinyl around that rubber button on the outside of the handle....
Sure thing! I actually just wrapped over it since I rarely even use the button.

@Dan I really should.. ;)!

@Sam Haha I totally would if I was in the area!

·
DIY Noob o__o...
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Did you end up taking off the door handles? How hard was it? Is it only that one screw under the grommet?
You have to take it off because it'll make things so much easier and cleaner. Yes all you have to do is take off that screw but BE CAREFUL to NOT drop it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
After browsing around in the forums and reading multiple DIY's over and over again. I thought It is time I try wrapping my car for a fun little project! I ordered 200 square feet of matte black vinyl from Auto Vinyl solutions and fedex dropped it off today after waiting a week! :D

[/IMG]

I tried wrapping the hood by myself but then It ended up as an epic fail :(! Tomorrow I'll get my buddies to help me out so I don't mess up again haha.

:gc-noob:
How much Vinyl did it take? How much vinyl wrap should I buy for my first project?

41 - 50 of 50 Posts