June ROTM

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
76,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
It looks just as good in person as it does in these pics.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Drift- My vote since he shows he runs the car! I actually think it's pretty neat without the bumper. FMIC... all you need!!!! :)

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
Nice ride Rick God Bless!

·
Function Over Form
1,222 Posts
Mods, one of these months you should allow people to add a short video along with a few photos to their ride of the month entry. It would allow voters to see and hear the car. Plus, it eliminates photoshoping and gives a more realistic view and feel.

·
Premium Member
40,514 Posts
^^that's kind of a good idea, but videos can be "enhanced" as well.... and there's a huge difference in video quality between a cell phone camera and a dedicated video camera that can make a car sound/look better just by the quality of the video, bit rate, and sampling size. I dare say that a video would introduce even more bias into a subjective contest that has nothing to do with the car, per say.

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
I like that idea as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What a tough decision but that matte red pushes it over the limit. However great build Rick, very tasteful.

·
Insert Klever Title Here
1,733 Posts
I like the video idea, but like Geek said, not everyone has a nice camera to show off the car, so those of us limited to smart phones and low res digital cameras would be at a disadvantage. All comes back to the "almighty dollar". "It's fast cuz I throw lots'a dollas at it" or "it looks gangsta cuz I gots'a expensive camera and software".

·
Gooood! GOOOOOD!
6,450 Posts
Well I think we have a winner unless Jayden can pull an upset!

·
Premium Member
76,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Fact is this is ride of the month, it typically means a decent amount of money will have been spent on the car. It's not avg car of the month. With that said mist people know at least one person with a decent camera. If its important enough for you to enter ROTM take the time to get some decent images done, or if we do the video idea, make a decent video. iPhones can make some great videos and have some pretty nice editing apps.

I like the video idea, but like Geek said, not everyone has a nice camera to show off the car, so those of us limited to smart phones and low res digital cameras would be at a disadvantage. All comes back to the "almighty dollar". "It's fast cuz I throw lots'a dollas at it" or "it looks gangsta cuz I gots'a expensive camera and software".

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.