• Terrance32

Votes: 22 9.4%
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Flame Thrower
1,124 Posts
All of the cars are AWESOME....make mine look like a turd....The white 2013 is one of the sexiest looking Gens I have ever seen from the front. HOWEVER....for the full package...the 3.8 turbo steals my heart. I am forced induction to the core. Good job man, your car looks great and the under shot makes your rear tires look massive.

·
DeeGeeCee Basterd!!!
1,603 Posts
Thanks man! Appreciate the comment and I agree, all the rides are tight looking!

·
Car Whore
1,469 Posts
Thanks man! Appreciate the comment and I agree, all the rides are tight looking!
i am perfectly happy losing to you :) haha makes me jealous as hell seeing that rear mount on yours

·
Car Whore
1,469 Posts
All of the cars are AWESOME....make mine look like a turd....The white 2013 is one of the sexiest looking Gens I have ever seen from the front. HOWEVER....for the full package...the 3.8 turbo steals my heart. I am forced induction to the core. Good job man, your car looks great and the under shot makes your rear tires look massive.
thank you for the compliment sir :) its nice to hear that since alot of people here hate the 2013 front so much haha

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
They hate cause they want it. They LOVE the front end because it looks like it wants a kiss :D
Lol, I will say the front end has grown on me a bit, past hating it, but not to the point of wanting it. I DO want some of the interior goodies, traction control, and semi forged internals of the 20T, but that's about it :)

·
Custom mods or bust...
1,370 Posts
wow, these rides look awesome!! :bowdown:
my vote went to a basterd tho ;)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Gotta go with Rev's car...I have seen under the hood and watched the turbo install...beautiful car... Getting GT custom to do some similar work on my 2013 3.8 GT 6sp. Love the rims kmgdawg has...

·
Turbo noob
5,514 Posts
Rev_Zamboni.. you have to explain that exhaust system setup to me. I've never ever seen anything like that. I'm not even fully sure how it works lol.. but it looks BAD ASS man!

·
Black Pearl Project
658 Posts
Rev_Zamboni.. you have to explain that exhaust system setup to me. I've never ever seen anything like that. I'm not even fully sure how it works lol.. but it looks BAD ASS man!
X2!

·
DeeGeeCee Basterd!!!
1,603 Posts
Its a rear mount turbo...the exhaust is typical til ya get to the turbo really...headers into Y-pipe, into turbo. Charge pipe back to FMIC...the wastegate is Y-ed off to the outside tips and the exhaust to the inside tips

·
Black Pearl Project
658 Posts
Its a rear mount turbo...the exhaust is typical til ya get to the turbo really...headers into Y-pipe, into turbo. Charge pipe back to FMIC...the wastegate is Y-ed off to the outside tips and the exhaust to the inside tips
thanks , did little research my self and I still have couple questions for you sir. Why did you go with that rather then traditional turbo set up? Easier to go back to stock?? And if you dont mind , how did you end up financially with this set up? Was it less then normal front end turbo set up. Aren't you afraid to lose it somewhere on the pothole or curb? lol

·
Turbo noob
5,514 Posts
Thats crazy, until you posted those pics I didn't even know they did this!
Did you notice much difference between having the tubro setup that way vs front end?

·
DeeGeeCee Basterd!!!
1,603 Posts
thanks , did little research my self and I still have couple questions for you sir. Why did you go with that rather then traditional turbo set up? Easier to go back to stock?? And if you dont mind , how did you end up financially with this set up? Was it less then normal front end turbo set up. Aren't you afraid to lose it somewhere on the pothole or curb? lol
Main reasons for the remote set up was my shop wanted to do a rear mount and I didn't want to have to relocate engine bay components. Plus, I'm not one for traditional things.
I couldn't tell you how it compares to a typical turbo set up on a 3.8. I can't see there being much of a difference really. Other than a few extra feet of plumbing.
No, I'm not worried about potholes and definitely not worried about curbs lol In all seriousness, it doesn't hang much lower than my old stock muffler.

Thats crazy, until you posted those pics I didn't even know they did this!
Did you notice much difference between having the tubro setup that way vs front end?
Who's they? Lol
I couldn't comment on the differences between a front and rear mount turbo 3.8. I've only driven this one

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Sketch stop posting non vendor links second one I have deleted of yours!

·
Turbo noob
5,514 Posts
Sorry mira, it was a link posted to me. Was just trying to show reference, not the vendor.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

41 - 60 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.