Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 Gen Coupe 2.0T
I was driving earlier and I pressed on the gas a bit just to make the turbo whistle (I didn't slam on it) when I was pulling out of this parking lot. As I was "boosting" or speeding up, my turbo started going, but all of a sudden it like stopped or something and I could feel/see my rpms drop (foot was still down on the gas). I noticed there was a yellow light that came on for only a few seconds when this happened. I did not see what the picture was on the light and all I know is that it was yellow. Could it have been the traction warning light or something? Would spinning my tire or anything make the light pop on for a couple seconds? (Not that I spun my tire but I'm not even sure) I just bought the car a few days ago (43k miles) but it made me remember that when I had test driven it 3 months prior, I was driving it down the road and I gave it a boost and I saw the light come on! Didn't see the pic then either, just remember it being yellow. Any ideas?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Most likely the TC light.
The traction control will slow/shut down the engine, to prevent breaking traction.
Turn it off when you want to play, leave it on in wet conditions however.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts