Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

So I found this while looking on autotrader and its the only ultimate for sale near me. I was going to go with a 2016 r-spec but I wanted the 8-speed automatic. I was wondering if this was a good deal, HOWEVER if you look on the driver side mirror, the light is taped onto the side. Could I get the price lowered cause of this or possibly have the dealership fix it professionally? Any and all advice is appreciated and thanks in advance!

Also should I look at a different year or? what do yall suggest

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Well you just said its the only one you could find near you. It definatly shows abit of use on the shifter and such but thats to be expected and easily fixed. id see what you can get the dealer to fix for you or make a lower offer because of the wear items and damaged mirror. If it hasent been crashed its not too bad, the price is a little high for the mileage but thats to be expected purchacing from a dealer, Id offer them 10K and see how bad they want to sell it. Theres not a lot of new cars selling right now, much less used sports coupes.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well you just said its the only one you could find near you. It definatly shows abit of use on the shifter and such but thats to be expected and easily fixed. id see what you can get the dealer to fix for you or make a lower offer because of the wear items and damaged mirror. If it hasent been crashed its not too bad, the price is a little high for the mileage but thats to be expected purchacing from a dealer, Id offer them 10K and see how bad they want to sell it. Theres not a lot of new cars selling right now, much less used sports coupes.
Alright, so offer 10k and for them to fix the mirror?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I would, they will proably rather fix the mirror as their a dealer so the labor dosent really cost them and they can probably get the part at dealer cost. Then be willing to come up to 11K or 11.5K or whatever your comfortable with, the art of the deal. It doesn't hurt to try, whats the worst that will happen? You end up buying the car you want for their original asking price and pay to fix the mirror and replace the shift knob yourself.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
The thing about the coupe is its a "toy" car, by that i mean its a car someone wants, not a car someone needs. A family man or woman proably isnt going to be intrested it it and its a four year old Hyundai with 78K on the clock and is showing some wear and tear, and dosent get particularly good mileage, the dealer knows this and probably isnt going to want it sitting on their lot too long. Dont act too eager, (even though you are) and dont be afraid to leave after negotiating and go home to "think about it" if the deal isnt right. Use all this to your advantage.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would, they will proably rather fix the mirror as their a dealer so the labor dosent really cost them and they can probably get the part at dealer cost. Then be willing to come up to 11K or 11.5K or whatever your comfortable with, the art of the deal. It doesn't hurt to try, whats the worst that will happen? You end up buying the car you want for their original asking price and pay to fix the mirror and replace the shift knob yourself.
Sweet thank you!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The thing about the coupe is its a "toy" car, by that i mean its a car someone wants, not a car someone needs. A family man or woman proably isnt going to be intrested it it and its a four year old Hyundai with 78K on the clock and is showing some wear and tear, and dosent get particularly good mileage, the dealer knows this and probably isnt going to want it sitting on their lot too long. Dont act too eager, (even though you are) and dont be afraid to leave after negotiating and go home to "think about it" if the deal isnt right. Use all this to your advantage.
We are currently negotiating online so I guess that’s somewhat an advantage as I’m 18 and they don’t know that lol

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well boys it was sold, right when they made me an offer sad times. Thanks for all the help!
Patience is a virtue! If you don't NEED this car, then take your time and you will find something.

We picked up a 2015 in May of 2019 and it had just over 12,000 miles on it. There are some lightly used Coupe's out there, you just need to wait or be ready to drive a ways to find one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I picked up a 2014 r-spec 2.0 with 6 speed had 97k miles... for 12k.. last month... by the time i signed the papers they told me they had 5 other ppl interested in the car...i know its high mileage but its what iv been wanting since i used to work for hyundai...just never wasnt able to afford when it was new... im always late to the party...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dealership just offered $10k to me for 2014 2.0T premium .8speed automatic just turned 70k .he said wholesale was $9k so use his numbers to get your deal.trying to get me to trade in for new g70 . For 10k I told him not even close to the fun I get driving this car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
yeah i spent like 6 months looking for 1 that was what i wanted. take your time.
Screenshot_20160420-184058.png 202659.jpg
this was in 2016

Walking out is the best thing you can do!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts