Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Genesisat_18
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so just recently I bought a 2013 Genesis. My question is I've heard of a waste gate mod. Is it worth it? How much of a hp and torche gain do you get if any. And how much can I turn it up safely. I daily the car so the key word is safely. I don't wanna do something that in a couple of months causes me issues. Is it worth it?

·
Registered
998 Posts
There is no wastegate mod for the BK2 (2013+) that I am aware of. It has and electronic wastegate that will adjust for a target boost level based on what the ECU tells it.

·
Genesisat_18
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So if I adjusted the little adjustment arm if you wanna call it that it wouldn't do anything but, make the computer compensate more?

·
Registered
65 Posts
You can turn it in or out. The only thing you doing is wasting time. We have an EWG. Until you upgrade turbos it will be controlled by the ECU parameters.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I did the "wastegate mod" about a year or so ago. I had no problems from it but didn't really notice any performance gain from it. BUT once I installed depo racing catless downpipe and full 3 inch back exhaust (catless) I started experiencing problems. My car would randomly cut boost but not as limp mode, there would just be no pressure pretty much just like when you drive while your motor is still cool and no boost yet. I would also have a problem when I would go WOT and as soon as I hit 5k rpm's it just cut boost and I would have to shift and build boost again. Felt like fuel cut with that but not exactly. Finally one day threw a code and after a lot of research I narrowed it down to the wastegate and one of the symptoms it could be was the arm improperly aligned or whatever. I remembered doing this mod so I loosened it back to original reset the ecu and like magic all the problems went away. So in short, DO NOT DO WASTEGATE MOD. No performance gain to even make this something to even consider given all the problems it could cause. Ewga's are tricky and best to leave well enough alone

1 - 6 of 6 Posts