Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
can anyone give me the right adjustment for the wastegate actuator for genesis coupe 2.0T
because someone changed the tuning for it from both sides for the nut

can anyone send a picture for the threads so I can see the number of it ????

thanks

·
Registered
326 Posts
Here's how to properly baseline the wastegate preload, basically it's 3 turns from 0.

Reactions: Red Raspberry

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got the idea from the top
I wanted from the bottom too because they played with it from both side

by the way thanks for the video and it was very helpful

·
Registered
326 Posts
It really doesn't matter what the adjustment is by the actuator side, the wastegate door side is the most important. Just begin at ZERO, where the rod eyelet goes onto the wastegate door pin easily and then do 3 full turns clockwise to shorten up the rod. Once this is done, it's baselined.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there any different between the gen 2013 and 2010 because I have the 2013
and the actuator is not mechanical it’s a motor

·
Premium Member
15,275 Posts
The electronic waste gate actuator shouldn't be adjusted as from some on here, the ecu is likely start whining and throwing CEL.

The shaft of the stock BK1 waste gate actuator, SHOULD NOT be turned, as doing so, you are likely going to tear the diaphragm inside it. It should only be adjusted at the pivot point at the end of the arm.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Is there any different between the gen 2013 and 2010 because I have the 2013
and the actuator is not mechanical it’s a motor
Yes, the BK1s have a vacuum diaphragm actuator and the BKs have an electronic motor. But the principal is the same. The BKs electronic actuator motor uses plastic gears, so you need to preload it to spec and nothing more.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,690 Posts
I hear the electronic ones are adjust to a certain voltage on other Hyundai turbos. Common problem actually.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
with my car
The guy who owned it before me he played with the adjustments and I was trying to see if someone has the 2013 and take a picture for his adjustment to fix mine

1 - 11 of 11 Posts