Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, turbo went out recently on my 2013 2.0t, went with a big turbo. But, the new turbo has a manual wastegate, where as the oem is electronic. Will this cause any issues and what do I do in regard to the plug (bypass it, resistor, etc) to prevent check engine light

·
Registered
32 Posts
Long story short, turbo went out recently on my 2013 2.0t, went with a big turbo. But, the new turbo has a manual wastegate, where as the oem is electronic. Will this cause any issues and what do I do in regard to the plug (bypass it, resistor, etc) to prevent check engine light View attachment 77400
Lol this kid doesn't know the first thing about his car. Part it out and move on.

·
Premium Member
16,012 Posts
Long story short, turbo went out recently on my 2013 2.0t, went with a big turbo. But, the new turbo has a manual wastegate, where as the oem is electronic. Will this cause any issues and what do I do in regard to the plug (bypass it, resistor, etc) to prevent check engine light View attachment 77400
Yes. on a traditional layout turbo, the wastegate actuator "pulls"
The electronic wastegate actuator on this car "pushes"

What other shops have done is unbolt the ewga and bolt it somewhere and have it sit there, not doing anything.
This is to have the ecu not whine about it.

Then put in a aftermarket boost controller. which uses a solenoid to control boost.

·
Registered
32 Posts
From the kid that didn't know what an oil feed line went to, I think I'll do the opposite of your advice. Thank you 😊
We were literally rebuilding the whole engine and didn't know where that specific feed went.
Sorry, but I don't know how to rebuild an engine, as it appears you don't either.
But I do not wish to continue with this, and I apologize for my part.

·
Premium Member
16,012 Posts
Son your just embarrassing yourself now.
We were literally rebuilding the whole engine and didn't know where that specific feed went.
Sorry kid, but I don't know how to rebuild an engine, as it appears you don't either.
So go blow another turbo, as I'm sure this wasn't your first.
And keep embarrassing yourself with these stupid questions lol.
Im done arguing with you.
I just feel bad for your Dad having to flip the bill for all this ****.
Now kids, if it doesn't answer the question(s), it really doesn't need to be on here.

All this passive aggressive BS is for babies.

·
Premium Member
16,012 Posts
From the kid that didn't know what an oil feed line went to, I think I'll do the opposite of your advice. Thank you 😊
They do make direct swap turbo upgrades for the BK2 2.0T.
IIRC it replaces the whole turbo/exhaust manifold.
google, genesis coupe 22T

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes. on a traditional layout turbo, the wastegate actuator "pulls"
The electronic wastegate actuator on this car "pushes"

What other shops have done is unbolt the ewga and bolt it somewhere and have it sit there, not doing anything.
This is to have the ecu not whine about it.

Then put in a aftermarket boost controller. which uses a solenoid to control boost.
Gotcha, appreciate the help. The information I could find was all for bk1s, which don't have the ewga.

·
Registered
32 Posts
They do make direct swap turbo upgrades for the BK2 2.0T.
IIRC it replaces the whole turbo/exhaust manifold.
google, genesis coupe 22T
So I'm guessing you need the original turbo for that?
Are there any turbos out there that are a direct full swap for the BK2 turbo?
Just complete bolt on?

·
Premium Member
16,012 Posts
So I'm guessing you need the original turbo for that?
Are there any turbos out there that are a direct full swap for the BK2 turbo?
Just complete bolt on?
core exchange

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well damn a 4 week wait. That's a shame.
Ty for the info though, but looks like I'm going to be checking junk yards for a replacement because I can't go that long without driving for work.
Just unplug your wastegate and make sure it's open. I've been driving for 2 or 3 weeks like that, just don't have any boost 😅

1 - 14 of 14 Posts