Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010 2.0T base model
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need urgent help. Got rainstorms coming in the following weeks and is was a light rainy day last night and as I was about to leave for work I noticed a very small puddle of water on my weather mats in my car. Just as I thought I fixed the water leaking problem in the trunk now I have water coming through the footwell on the passenger side front seat. I checked it out and it’s coming from right underneath the glove compartment just a bit back to these plastic parts are at. Any help to what can solve this problem?? I checked the cabin air filter and it was dry but around the seal there is a bit of water coming through the seems. I have photos posted. Please help!!!! And side note I don’t have a sunroof !
Automotive tire Tire Hood Automotive lighting Tread

Grille Automotive lighting Hood Automotive exterior Automotive tire

Automotive tire Bumper Audio equipment Automotive lighting Gas

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Grey

·
Registered
2010 2.0T base model
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update. I took out the windshield wiper cowel along with that metal plate that covers the intake to the cabin air filter. It was all cleaned but i made sure to vacuum any debris in that space. I ended up putting weather strip and some silicone on the sides of the metal plate that covers the cabin air intake to make sure no water slips through. I then went ahead to flush water on both side of the cowel to see if water was properly draining through the drain lines and all is good. I ended up finding where the source of where the water is dripping through but i still don't know how its getting in there in the first place. I found that the water is dripping through these small holes under the glove compartment on what seems to be the blower motor. I have pics listed for reference.I unscrewed the blower assembly to find that its dry inside but the water is dripping through that tiny hole. Again my cabin air filter area and the filter were dry. Any ideas where the water could be coming from?
Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Rim Tread

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Steering part Vehicle brake Motor vehicle

·
Advenio Pariter
4,004 Posts
The water deflector plate on the first generation coupe had some sealant brushed-on at the factory. It dries out eventually and you get that particular leak. Happened to me. You either re-seal the deflector plate and put it back on or seal around it like you did. Problem solved.

·
Registered
2010 2.0T base model
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The water deflector plate on the first generation coupe had some sealant brushed-on at the factory. It dries out eventually and you get that particular leak. Happened to me. You either re-seal the deflector plate and put it back on or seal around it like you did. Problem solved.
So I just had rainfall last night in my area. And before hand I did end up resealing that metal plate and on top I cleaned out my AC drain hose to be sure that wasn't adding to the problem. Shot some compressed air into it to clear out any debris, yet after the rain last night the water drops keep leaking into the same spot. From looking under Its leaking through this sealed area up top that I don't know where it leads to. From the photo diagrams I try my best to describe where the water drip is coming from. Could it still be that I didn't seal the metal plate correctly. Or could it be that a drain passage is clogged on the body of my car which is causing water to back up into the inside?
Land vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Rectangle Font Engineering Slope Auto part
Automotive lighting Electrical wiring Trunk Cable Automotive tire

·
Advenio Pariter
4,004 Posts
My water deflector plate is kind-off small with two 10mm bolts. Maybe 3 or 4 cm long. Do you have a sunroof? Maybe you have a different issue? Do some forum searches. You will find a post from me and RedRaspberry along with others regarding the water deflector plate. Maybe there is something else involved with your car. Just seems like exactly what I experienced.

I am not familiar with your drawings there. If you pull-off the cowl you will see the water drain tray below the windshield. You could have a clog on one of the sides that drain the water. You will see the cabin air filter and the deflector plate is in the front of that attached with the two bolts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts