Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after a few hours of searching this forum, all I can find on the subject is "ifs and maybes).

Has anyone actually installed a water/meth kit on an N/A 3.8 gdi?

I mean I can't see it not actually being beneficial. Snowperformance.net is claiming up to 20-35hp and 45lbft of torque on all N/A motors without tuning. I'd be willing to find out if that's true or not. Even 10-15hp would be great. Plus the addition of intake valve cleaning. Win win. I mean my warranty should be up by now anyway lol just incase. For $500 plus install for a potential 20hp increase sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Mr. Snow himself even tells us in a video to use blue -40C washer fluid if you want instead of the Snow juice. Washer fluid is very cheap so it wont be costly to maintain and use. Will keep you posted. If anyone can chime in on the matter that would be great.

·
shorttrack
1,693 Posts
I run a water/meth system by AEM .Have 2 tanks ,1 for Water/meth and another for distilled water .When I run NA I use the distilled water and when I spray N2O I use the water/meth.You will need to be tuned for water/meth but mind you the gains for a normally aspirated motor will be very very small.I run water/meth when spraying 100 shot of nitrous .Did a write up in the ''Nitrous on a GDI 3.8'' thread.Search that thread.It would best to have Canned tune or a custom tune on fuel and use the water/meth kit to spray distilled water,reason: the Steam effect(cylinder controlled expansion)increases torque,lower cylinder temps,valves cleaned and of course a lower Intake charge is all beneficial to performance.But massive HP gains are a ''NO'',3 to 6 hp max but the other benefits are a great off shoot.Snow's system does have more jetting selection than AEM's system.Pic's of my system is on page 16 of the'' nitrous on a GDI 3.8'' thread .

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shorttrack thanks so much for the insight. Sorry for the delayed response as well. I am btr canned tuned currently but a custom tune is on my wish list. Apparently btr on comes to Toronto once a year in May so I can fully tune for it next year. I feel that I've run out of things to do with car. Suspension is all done, so are brakes and appearance for my taste. All bolt ones too except I could still do headers but not a fan of how much it changes the sound of the car and the rasppyness that comes with it. Maybe turbo in the future but...

Reactions: shorttrack
1 - 5 of 5 Posts