Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I recently installed a stage 2 water meth kit it all went together as expected. I just have a coupe concerns. I'm running the nozzle post TB and am worried about siphoning the line, I have a 20psi check valve but I dont think it is enough to stop vacuum from pulling it open. So I bought a solenoid and was told to install it between the tank and pump... that doesnt make sense either as whatever is in the line will be sucked out. This leads me to my question what would you all recommend for solenoid placement? I also cannot get a straight answer on nozzle sizing from the manufacturer the instructions in the kit state something totally different then what they have online. Current mods are, Injen SRI,Isr O2 housing Turboxs Stealthpipe Mxp catback, BTR stage A/T canned. My research leads me to the 225ml nozzle. Thoughts?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm supposed to be getting my kit soon and installing it after waiting for over two months :grin:

I'll be watching here and posting what I read.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ended up using the solenoid, put it 6-8" away from the nozzle. After a few phone calls to the manufacturer I finally got the nozzle size of 225ml. All seems to be working as expected.

·
Premium Member
15,256 Posts
The highest possible vacuum you can pull is 14.7psi.
It's 20+ at most, because of the it's weird manifold/vacuum tank arrangement.

If you put a vacuum gauge on the tank, you can see. As far as the manifold itself, then 20psi of vacuum is likely not going to show up on a boost gauge, as it's just a vacuum spike.

·
Registered
77 Posts
It's 20+ at most, because of the it's weird manifold/vacuum tank arrangement.

If you put a vacuum gauge on the tank, you can see. As far as the manifold itself, then 20psi of vacuum is likely not going to show up on a boost gauge, as it's just a vacuum spike.
Vacuum tool coating industry background (maintaining the equipment).

Vacuum has several measurement scales, I've listed what the nominal air pressure around you is, in the most common scales below:
0 PSIG (gauge) = 14.7 PSIA (absolute) = 1 Atmosphere = 1 BAR (Barometer) = 1000 mBar = 760mm HG (HG=Mercury) = 29.92 inches HG = 760 TORR = 7.6x10^+2 TORR.

A perfect vacuum would read -14.7 PSIG, 0.0 PSIA, 0.000 BAR, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts