Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is something I've never had happen before in any car so maybe someone here has experienced the same thing.

I've got a '16 with 47,000km (29,000mi) all stock with Brembo's.

When I drive the car after sitting overnight or longer, when I apply the brakes the first time the brake force is very diminished and the pedal goes slightly closer to the
floor. I've almost rolled through the intersection near me because of this. It's happened a few times now. If I re-apply the brakes it feels like everything somehow 'unfreezes' and normal braking is restored. When it happened this afternoon the front wheels actually locked when the brakes 'unfroze' I now pump the brakes a few times before I start moving just to make sure they work properly.

The Brakes are still original and have moderate wear. There's no fluid leak of any sort. It almost feels like the caliper pistons are temporarily stuck and then unfreeze. Going to take it to the dealer to get it looked at but I'm curious if anyone else went through this. No idea if it's moisture in the system or a master cylinder or ABS issue.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I’m in colder driving temperatures in Canada and I experience the opposite. The brakes are so sensitive for the first brake in the morning. After that it seems to be normal. That’s weird though I hope they figure it out!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My brakes were like that too and still are once they free themselves up. It's definitely not temperature related since I keep my car in a heated garage at home and outside at work and they still behave like that.

·
Registered
86 Posts
first stop with brembos has little stopping power . After 1-2 applications they act normal .This is summer, winter car kept in garage.Upshot is if someone is going to drive car, (rare) I need to warn them. Its just pad material thing.

·
Premium Member
15,170 Posts
When was the last time you guys checked the pistons in the calipers? could be rust buildup on the calipers.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Mine I believe, is a pad material thing it acts the same now as new. The only reason I brought it up was old lady took car for first time & went partway through first stop sign because I failed to warn her to ride the brake on startup.. Car is "track" w/ stock brembo's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts