Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just got a weapons r universal oil catch can in the mail. So far it looks pretty good quality. I’m somewhat new to catch cans and got a general idea about them but this is the first time I’m putting one on the gen. Has anyone else had this catch Can or still has one? If you have how does it do? Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Catch can reminds me of takin a dump in NAM. Then we had to pull it out of the ground and burn it with diesel fuel. Why do I keep hearing about it, what does it do. My car screams as is?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
  1. Catch can reminds me of takin a dump in NAM. Then we had to pull it out of the ground and burn it with diesel fuel. Why do I keep hearing about it, what does it do. My car screams as is?
    So I take it that I’m better off with no catch can than the one I mentioned?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Theres quite an extensive thread, mabey more than one around here somewhere with tons of information on catch cans just search. Im not familiar with that particular brand but a catch can is just a trap to catch the oil vapor from the P.C.V. and keep it from baking on the intake valves on BK2 GDI motors that dont get any fuel across them to clean it off, im sure yours would work as good as any other. I just use a small air/oil separator designed for air tools, i just have to drain it frequently. The challenging part is finding a place to mount it as theres not much room in the engine compartment. Many run lines and mount them behind the front bumper.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Theres quite an extensive thread, mabey more than one around here somewhere with tons of information on catch cans just search. Im not familiar with that particular brand but a catch can is just a trap to catch the oil vapor from the P.C.V. and keep it from baking on the intake valves on BK2 GDI motors that dont get any fuel across them to clean it off, im sure yours would work as good as any other. I just use a small air/oil separator designed for air tools, i just have to drain it frequently. The challenging part is finding a place to mount it as theres not much room in the engine compartment. Many run lines and mount them behind the front bumper.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was just seeing what other people have thought about this catch can as I never used it before or heard much about it. It’s basically pretty simple, no baffle or filter surprisingly but should get the job done I assume. Mounting I hear a lot saying just make a custom bracket. Maybe go to Home Depot or whatever and get something to bolt onto the fuse box or like you said the front bumper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts