Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
3point8 Performance
2,621 Posts
Welcome. Now get with the group buys on good BK2 parts!

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
man... Been a long time since ive seen these guys on here... wonder if JewishThunder will come back!!! haahaahha

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Sorry to say Sam/JT will not be joining us this time around as i'm sure his life has moved on from 3 years ago.
lol for sure.

so what have you been working on Bill? hopefully going to bring something exciting!

·
wannabe guru
1,365 Posts
awesomesauce! i bought your fuel return kit!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
any plans on offering tunes for ATs?

·
3point8 Performance
2,621 Posts
Nope, sorry, because i have the same issue i've always had no test car who's willing to drop the car off for over 30-60days while the tunes are created.
Come on, Florida is a tiny little town with lot's of coupes running around, I'm sure one of you guys could walk to work/school for a month. Don't be a d*ck, be a dude! :grin:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Nope, sorry, because i have the same issue i've always had no test car who's willing to drop the car off for over 30-60days while the tunes are created.
Got it

Sucks since i've always wanted to go PRW route + your flasher rent option makes your price the best even without returning the flasher.

btw, always wondered, if one offers a test car, who's responsible for engine failure when things go wrong?

·
1,901 Posts
Got it

Sucks since i've always wanted to go PRW route + your flasher rent option makes your price the best even without returning the flasher.

btw, always wondered, if one offers a test car, who's responsible for engine failure when things go wrong?
I've yet to have an engine failure due to my tuning(despite any claims otherwise of people using 87 octane on a 93 octane tune and blowing up that way..)

I created my tunes on my very own car and spent hundreds of hours on a dyno and never once had engine failure, so while it's highly unlikely it is possible and if it did happen and i was tuning the car on the dyno when it happened i'd not be responsible(per the wavier i have customers sign) but i would surely sell all the required parts to fix the engine at my cost, and also help rebuild the engine.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
This is awesome. I've been using Beyond Redline but have always wondered about the other tunes/vendors available. Now that PRW is back, it's an extra option!

PS I notice on your tune page you specifically ask for the Build year (and month). Could you please elaborate why? Is it an important factor?

To be honest, there's VERY few 2012 (let alone automatics) and I kind of have a feeling that there's something funky with the 2012 when it comes to canned tunes, but that's just my gut.

·
...4, 3, 2, 1
1,486 Posts
Probably so few 2012's due to the 2013 facelift and power upgrades.

Same as why most will likely hold off on buying a '15 since we're all waiting with baited breath to see what comes for the '16 models.

Almost similar reasons why you won't find many 2008 Tiburons since we all heard of the rumor of a magical turbocharged, rwd coupe coming in 2009/10. Haha

·
1,901 Posts
This is awesome. I've been using Beyond Redline but have always wondered about the other tunes/vendors available. Now that PRW is back, it's an extra option!

PS I notice on your tune page you specifically ask for the Build year (and month). Could you please elaborate why? Is it an important factor?

To be honest, there's VERY few 2012 (let alone automatics) and I kind of have a feeling that there's something funky with the 2012 when it comes to canned tunes, but that's just my gut.

build date is simply so i know which ROM to use but almost all cars have had their ECU ROM updated from the dealer applying TSB's to the ECU so 75% of the time i have to end up downgrading the ECU's to a 2009 ROM which doesn't hurt anything as most of the issues the TSB's fix i add to the 2009 ROM on my own.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Probably so few 2012's due to the 2013 facelift and power upgrades.
You're probably right lol. I knew the 2013 was coming but I hated the new look; wasn't worth the power upgrade for me.

build date is simply so i know which ROM to use but almost all cars have had their ECU ROM updated from the dealer applying TSB's to the ECU so 75% of the time i have to end up downgrading the ECU's to a 2009 ROM which doesn't hurt anything as most of the issues the TSB's fix i add to the 2009 ROM on my own.
Oh okay, neat! One other thing...I have heard from a specific vendor that apparently the 2012's had their torque converter limit tightened. I don't know too much about the topic but I was wondering if you had heard anything about it. If it's true, would that play into how a canned tune would operate? I.E, 2012's going into boost cut more due to the revised torque threshold and/or tuner's limited ability to play with the TCU.

·
1,901 Posts
Oh okay, neat! One other thing...I have heard from a specific vendor that apparently the 2012's had their torque converter limit tightened. I don't know too much about the topic but I was wondering if you had heard anything about it. If it's true, would that play into how a canned tune would operate? I.E, 2012's going into boost cut more due to the revised torque threshold and/or tuner's limited ability to play with the TCU.
Since i haven't yet had my hands on but one automatic car and only for a few hours i couldn't tell you the differences between 08-12 autos, i would assume Hyundai made changes to the 2012 programming on the TCU just as they made pretty drastic changes in the 2012 Manual tune. However i've yet to come across software to allow you to change TCU programming so i guess if there are limits there then the tune for the 2012 would have to be made to work with that thus limiting possibly from the 08-11

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Since i haven't yet had my hands on but one automatic car and only for a few hours i couldn't tell you the differences between 08-12 autos, i would assume Hyundai made changes to the 2012 programming on the TCU just as they made pretty drastic changes in the 2012 Manual tune. However i've yet to come across software to allow you to change TCU programming so i guess if there are limits there then the tune for the 2012 would have to be made to work with that thus limiting possibly from the 08-11
Interesting...what kind of changes were made to the 2012 manual tune and what did you have to tweak when creating an aftermarket tune?

·
KingOfOrlando
171 Posts
Hello I got my hands on a set of Evo X injectors. And I plan to order your stave 2 within the next month after I put in my wideband/AFR I've read every single post about the injector swap and i cannot find a straight answer. Do you have any tips or advice on swapping them? Do I need spacers? The o rings on them are good. Thank you. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts