Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Canadian
392 Posts
Very curious about the 0-60 people are getting. Subbed.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
330hp with stock turbo
lolwut

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The amount of power isn't that important in this as just what times people are putting down with the four items. I was reading and some mentioned that 330HP was possible with them and the right tune.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
The amount of power isn't that important in this as just what times people are putting down with the four items. I was reading and some mentioned that 330HP was possible with them and the right tune.
I think you are meaning 330 crank HP. Not brake HP.
With my modes I know I am over 330 crank HP...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think you are meaning 330 crank HP. Not brake HP.
With my modes I know I am over 330 crank HP...
At the crank the stock 3.8 should be at 348 already :)

Anyone run their cars yet at the track with these mods?

I was curious with the 330RWHP number as that is about what my M3 will make with header, exhaust and tune (+50RWHP)...with the 3.91 or a 4.10 rear end many stop there as it really changes the feel of the car. Of course just the exhaust and header on the M3 is about $5k :( the tune about the same as any tune....the gears about $3-4k swapped in for a complete unit or $1000 for a ring and pinion + whatever a shop charges (many have had bad luck with indy shops getting the M3 diff correct though).

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Engine 3.8 V6 > 3.8 V6 Discussion 2013 and up
what 1/4 mile 0-60 times you guys turning with intake/CBE/test pipes/tune?
Damned today's posts -_-

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
I am going to say that as no one has said a time yet. There probably haven’t been many on the track. I would be curious since the stock numbers are as such:

From Motor Trend, 2010 3.8 track vs. 2013 3.8 track:
0-60, 5.4/5.2
0-100, 14.4/13.3
1/4 mile, [email protected]/[email protected]
60-0, 111 ft/112 ft
Skid pad, .94g/.91g
Figure eight, [email protected]/[email protected]
Tested weight, 3476/3527

I would be willing to rough estimate that with those Bolt ons you should see around
0-60 / 4.5ish
1/4 mile / 13 @ 112-114

Again this is just a rough estimate. By no means gospel.

·
Enthusiast
30 Posts
I would say low-mid 13's aren't out of the question with bolt-ons. I've done 13.7 @ 104 bone stock.

·
Obsessed
1,174 Posts
Completely stock

The best time I've gotten out of my stock '13 3.8 GT was a [email protected], reaction time was 0.001. When I get home next week I'll be starting on installing an Injen SRI, lightweight pulleys, Ark Grip exhaust, GrimmSpeed phenolic IM gasket, GrimmSpeed porting and ceramic coating, Enkei PF01's all around, and carbon fiber fenders, trunk and spoiler. I go to the track quite often, so I'll post results when I get them.

·
Registered
769 Posts
^^^ that seems like a TON OF FUN! Wish I was there to assist...lol.

Happy modding.

·
ABC with a GC
868 Posts
uhhh what is your 60 foot. because reaction time has no bearing on your top speed, just end time. please post that slip up

·
Obsessed
1,174 Posts
Well, since the thread was not directed toward top speed, only 1/4mi. times, I felt it was important to note reaction time to show I was not slow off the line, it was WOT from the time the clock started. As soon as I get back home from Brazil I will dig up the slip and post it so we can have a nice baseline for before and after my mods and the distance times.

·
never use only drop once!
2,746 Posts
I am going to say that as no one has said a time yet. There probably haven’t been many on the track. I would be curious since the stock numbers are as such:

From Motor Trend, 2010 3.8 track vs. 2013 3.8 track:
0-60, 5.4/5.2
0-100, 14.4/13.3
1/4 mile, [email protected]/[email protected]
60-0, 111 ft/112 ft
Skid pad, .94g/.91g
Figure eight, [email protected]/[email protected]
Tested weight, 3476/3527

I would be willing to rough estimate that with those Bolt ons you should see around
0-60 / 4.5ish
1/4 mile / 13 @ 112-114

Again this is just a rough estimate. By no means gospel.
lolwut?

4.5 0-60 and a 13 second flat 1/4. Damn bro, totally should have bought a 2013!

:fleshbox:

·
USEEDAT?
222 Posts
Engine 3.8 V6 > 3.8 V6 Discussion 2013 and up
what 1/4 mile 0-60 times you guys turning with intake/CBE/test pipes/tune?
Due to being in Seattle and this horrid rain I have to wait for a dry spell to go to SIR or evergreen speedway to find out

Prior to adding my SFR tune, which I still need to dyno, I had 306whp/271wtq with just CBE, TP, and SRI....if I'm lucky I could be at 316whp or 326whp but I don't want to put my eggs in one basket here. I plan to do downpipes in January or February if snow doesn't **** up my paychecks.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
1/4 will also depend on tires, stock pos tires are no good for any track
with those mods and a tune gen. makes around 320whp, when better tunes comes out - it will make more...
Stock it can do 13.6 in 1/4 mile (if you can get it to stick)
with mods mentioned and better tires - high 12s are possible

·
I like turtles.
288 Posts
1/4 will also depend on tires, stock pos tires are no good for any track
with those mods and a tune gen. makes around 320whp, when better tunes comes out - it will make more...
Stock it can do 13.6 in 1/4 mile (if you can get it to stick)
with mods mentioned and better tires - high 12s are possible
im might be wrong but im pretty sure our stock tires are pretty good. they could be a bit wider, but they surely aren't "POS"

·
<WARNING:NSFW!>
2,076 Posts
Lol at eldominio.........
BKED we all should have.... ;)
-Continue bench racing-

1 - 20 of 67 Posts