Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

681 - 700 of 1283 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hi, rarely post, mostly read other posts. Just wanted to say a few things. The shifter could be better but I've driven much, much worse, I would say that reverse needs a lockout. Plastic trim on doors have sharp edges. Should have been a hatch instead of a fastback. Headrest even at it's farthest rear position is too forward. Cupholders aren't deep enough for big drinks, then again my Daytona Shelby VNT had no cupholders. No change holder when you have the push to start. And my biggest gripe is the DMF slipping in the 3,000-4,000 RPM range ON A STOCK CAR, it's a safety thing and it's been around for a long time, but they could have installed a heavier duty one, then again the Camaro Z-28's and IROC's of the 80's and 90's did it too. Windshield creaks over bumps, then again my Daytona Shelby VNT creaked a hell of a lot more. Basically, every sports coupe has small annoyances, but the Genny Coupe is very livable as a daily driver. Remember, it's not a 4 door family car, so it should be rough around the edges, if it wasn't it would be wimpy.

·
Registered
113 Posts
slow transmission shift from the 8AT...balls slow...if it shifted quicker it would be faster and save more fuel.
fake hood vents. which can be changed..
hp tq ratings seem to be a bit over stated sometimes it doesnt feel like the advertised hp tq rating figures
mpg could be better if they put a 2.0 T GDI instead of MPI not sure why they didn't do this when they put the GDI in the santa fe...
no option for harness to add foglights with LED's...my old nissan the harness was right there all you had to do is plug in the stalk and foglight
wish the vehicle was more mod friendly / aftermarket support.
interior feels clunky / cheap at times could be better quality
long term reliability concern
packaging such as leds available on 2.0T back up view sensors and camera available.
wish gps would take all input destinations instead of choosing what addresses it can take.
ride quality is ok, non-brembo brakes ok,
the fact that since you drive a coupe the dealer assumes you broke it, abused it or modified it and will do everything to get out of covering anything and everything out of warranty.

·
Concentrated Awesome
811 Posts
Anyone else have issues shifting when you have a travel mug in the cup holders?
Or is this a short person problem :laugh:

·
GenCoupe Canada
78 Posts
Anyone else have issues shifting when you have a travel mug in the cup holders?

Or is this a short person problem :laugh:

I do. They didn't make the cup holder deep enough. I try and stick to water bottles or medium coffee. Anything bigger gets in the way.

·
Registered
45 Posts
the fact that since you drive a coupe the dealer assumes you broke it, abused it or modified it and will do everything to get out of covering anything and everything out of warranty.
You hit the nail on the head there. I'm tired of under the breath comments of doing donuts or whatever from my service dept.

·
Concentrated Awesome
811 Posts
You hit the nail on the head there. I'm tired of under the breath comments of doing donuts or whatever from my service dept.
Maybe I won't get that since I'm a chick >:D

Though I doubt it.... was there after delivery and the sales guys were asking what I had done to the car already.
Um duh- not like I'd admit anything when I do!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Edit. That was a text to my wife. Could have been worse.

Either way, if the dealer cuts you a break for being a girl I may have to start sending my wife in. Probably worth a try.

·
Donate to my Mod Fund
649 Posts
The only real complaint I have (that's been covered many times, but I feel like complaining anyways) is the GOD FOR SAKEN RATTLING! A-pillars, glove & especially where the dash meets the windshield. I was thinking of getting a nice little rubber stripping to put where the dash meets the front windshield.

·
Advenio Pariter
3,829 Posts
Ok, more miles on the car, so my list is growing...

The damn drive-by-wire lag BS :mad:
Hoping a tune gets rid of this.

And Waze won't work thru the Bluetooth and speakers with my phone. Haven't tried the other GPS apps I have yet.
This really sucks since I use my phone for GPS a lot when I drive... DUH!
An SFR tune will recalibrate your gas pedal. It will make it more sensitive. Some people like this and others do not. In the minority I like my tip-in to be pretty dead for slick road control. Most others like how it "wakes-up" the car. You can talk to Jay at SFR about his canned tune or custom tune.

I find the throttle-by-wire on this car is pretty good for me at least. It totally sucks on our Honda.

·
Concentrated Awesome
811 Posts
An SFR tune will recalibrate your gas pedal. It will make it more sensitive. Some people like this and others do not. In the minority I like my tip-in to be pretty dead for slick road control. Most others like how it "wakes-up" the car. You can talk to Jay at SFR about his canned tune or custom tune.

I find the throttle-by-wire on this car is pretty good for me at least. It totally sucks on our Honda.
I hear a tune will take care of the drive by wire issue for the most part.

I am a custom tune gal, so strap that B1tch on the dyno and let it scream >:D

FYI- I'm on my 3rd attempt at buying a damn mount for my phone that will work in the Coupe... between the dumb iPhone cable that's too short to go anywhere, and the fact there is NOWHERE to mount a mount on the dash, I've been having fits!
Fingers crossed that the 3rd time is the charm.

·
2012 Gen. 3.8 Track w/ZF
727 Posts
My latest complaint...yes this is small....but no freaking area to toss loose change...WTF..

Went to a few different auto parts stores looking for a small plastic bin that will sit in the center console and no luck....

UGH!
Try Tupperware, or Rubbermaid. I'm sure they would have something that would work.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Been with the car about 3 weeks and have to say shifting into reverse. Once or twice have accidentally shifted into reverse instead of 1st, and with the music, could not hear the reverse beep. Would have been nice to also have some sort of reverse indicator light in the instrument panel.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,378 Posts
Been with the car about 3 weeks and have to say shifting into reverse. Once or twice have accidentally shifted into reverse instead of 1st, and with the music, could not hear the reverse beep. Would have been nice to also have some sort of reverse indicator light in the instrument panel.
I agree with that. It would not be too hard to do with a small led tied into the reverse switch on the side of the transmission.

681 - 700 of 1283 Posts