Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1281 - 1283 of 1283 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm not gonna go thru 64 pages to see if this has been mentioned.
My only real complaint is that Hyundai somehow exaggerates the HP claims, at least on the BK2. My dad took his 14 R-Spec 2.0T to his dyno guy. The Hyundai rated 274 HP came up with only 200 RWHP on a Dynojet. That's, what, about a 30% loss?? Most vehicles are under 20% loss to the wheels, including our Twin Turbo Stealths with AWD... The decent news is that my dad put on the Lap3 Uncle Chip 93 octane tune, while the car sat on the dyno, and gained over 40 RWHP. Both dyno numbers were within the same hour on the same dyno. The dyno guy was even pretty impressed. So, that's a nice mod for the 2.0T.
I have not run my recently acquired 2015 3.8 Base auto, but from what I have seen, the 3.8 rated by Hyundai at 348 HP, shows around 270 RWHP from dyno sheets I have seen.
Otherwise the GC is a fun, great handling car to drive. And a great looking car.

ominousone

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm not gonna go thru 64 pages to see if this has been mentioned.
My only real complaint is that Hyundai somehow exaggerates the HP claims, at least on the BK2. My dad took his 14 R-Spec 2.0T to his dyno guy. The Hyundai rated 274 HP came up with only 200 RWHP on a Dynojet. That's, what, about a 30% loss?? Most vehicles are under 20% loss to the wheels, including our Twin Turbo Stealths with AWD... The decent news is that my dad put on the Lap3 Uncle Chip 93 octane tune, while the car sat on the dyno, and gained over 40 RWHP. Both dyno numbers were within the same hour on the same dyno. The dyno guy was even pretty impressed. So, that's a nice mod for the 2.0T.
I have not run my recently acquired 2015 3.8 Base auto, but from what I have seen, the 3.8 rated by Hyundai at 348 HP, shows around 270 RWHP from dyno sheets I have seen.
Otherwise the GC is a fun, great handling car to drive. And a great looking car.

ominousone
Are you the only one running the lap 3 uncle chip? I read they weren't the safest for turbo cars. My biggest gripe is the extremely slow shifting (2013 2.0T). I make sure the car has been running a while before I try to do anything quick.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I ran the 91 Oct Uncle Chip on my 2014 Sonata 2.0T and then the same unit on my 2013 GC R-Spec. Always seemed fine. My dad runs the 93 octane and he is slightly faster than me, prolly the claimed 20 hp difference from 91 oct to the 93 oct tune. Dad's been running for over a year with no issues. I'd prolly sell my Uncle Chip pretty cheap is anyone would be interested. I don't need it any longer since I went to the 3.8.

ominousone

1281 - 1283 of 1283 Posts