Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I live in California where laws are tight and I want a Catback exhaust because I want to keep the car legal and not spend a lot of money taking parts on and off to pass smog. Do any of you guys know any catback exhausts that sound pretty good and that will pass smog. Ive seen the CNT V3 Exhaust but havent done a lot of research and Im not even sure if they go on 2013+ genesis's but if they do then I might get that one. Thank you

·
Registered
217 Posts
The answer is whatever one you like the sound and price of the most. I went on youtube and watched dozens of exhaust clips to decide. I went with Solo exhaust because it was a deep sound with zero drone. My favorite was Ark but I wasn't paying almost double what I did to buy that instead of solo

·
Registered
13 Posts
So I live in California where laws are tight and I want a Catback exhaust because I want to keep the car legal and not spend a lot of money taking parts on and off to pass smog. Do any of you guys know any catback exhausts that sound pretty good and that will pass smog. Ive seen the CNT V3 Exhaust but havent done a lot of research and Im not even sure if they go on 2013+ genesis's but if they do then I might get that one. Thank you
I actually have the CNT V3 on my 2013. I love it!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Any cat-back exhaust will pass emissions test.As long as secondary and primary cats are intact, you should be good. As far as which system sounds good, they ALL improve over the OEM, so now you need to determine what sounds good to you. Youtube will give you an idea, but in person listening is the way. Go to a car meet and talk to Genny owners, hear them yourself. And lastly, you can build a custom exhaust for fraction of the cost and have a unique sound as well. Options are plenty.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Passes in North East, MD without secondary cats. I fast passed yesterday.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I did a ton of research on youtube, on this site too
Basically they all give around the same hp/tq gained so you should pick price and sound.
I went with Solo exhaust because I didn't want drone.
Ark was my favorite but to expensive for me.
I liked CNT as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts