Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

2461 - 2480 of 10021 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Nuuu! What have you done ICED?! :surprise: Sorry to see that. I've only had the lip on my car for two weeks now and it already has two small rock chips in the paint :crying:

·
Donate to my Mod Fund
649 Posts
:crying:

It should look good on red too. You can actually achieve quite a bit of negative camebr in the rear with the stock lower arm. I have PSM upper arms (mainly for clearance) but I haven't had to touch it. I am at -3.2 and that's just by adjusting the lower arm.

I bought it from Import Shark earlier this week for $126 shipped and received it today! They might still have a few left. It's made of fiberglass though, and not the original ABS plastic by Sequence.
NOT THE LIP! the only silver car I've ever drooled over :'(

·
Registered
125 Posts
Here's a before picture, hopefully I'll have one up in a week or two on some varrstoen !:smile:

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks for the info

Thanks for in info, ref Import Shark... they are still advertising them.

Sorry to see you 'cracked your lip' That is a nice looking GC... well done.. I hope it didn't hurt to much... FYI a couple of months ago I damaged my rear bumper (creased it)...:surprise: not anything major... but I couldn't stand it....had it replaced

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
DANG!! You literally just got that too...
I know :frown: but it was kind of expected. Every lip is made of fiberglass, which sucks.

Ahhh alrighty. I appreciate all the help. I still haven't ordered the wheels because I'm in a great debate on whether I'm Gona go hyper silver es1 or matte black es222. oh no not the lip:crying:
No problem. Here's a good example for you. They're +22 Sportlines but just to give you an idea.

Was thinking about getting one a while ago and didn't know if they were even made anymore.
I don't think they do, ever since their owner passed away. I believe Import Shark makes it but don't quote me on that. It looks well made though.

Nuuu! What have you done ICED?! :surprise: Sorry to see that. I've only had the lip on my car for two weeks now and it already has two small rock chips in the paint :crying:
My grandma asked me to pick her up from the market and their driveway was sort of steep. And I guess from the daily scraping going in and out of my driveway had already weakened it a bit so it finally snapped. I think I used too many screws to install it so it was pretty stiff against the bumper. I should've loosened the tension so it could flex a little.

NOT THE LIP! the only silver car I've ever drooled over :'(
Thank you! It really means a lot. I have Sequence side skirts coming soon too so this is unfortunate :|

Oh no Iced! Not the lip :crying:
It happened the day after you complimented on it haha.

Thanks for in info, ref Import Shark... they are still advertising them.

Sorry to see you 'cracked your lip' That is a nice looking GC... well done.. I hope it didn't hurt to much... FYI a couple of months ago I damaged my rear bumper (creased it)...:surprise: not anything major... but I couldn't stand it....had it replaced
Thanks! I didn't get too worked up on it actually. It's still in tact. I am looking to see if Import Shark can get the Sarona polyurethane lip below, and get the M&S repaired as well.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Nothing too crazy today, just some NST pulleys and the throttle body coolant bypass

·
Registered
434 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
You know what's hilarious and amazing? I was washing my car today, and I should have taken a picture because it was the most amazing thing..... I found A SPIDER in my SPYDER tail lights!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: It's odd though because my tail lights have 0 condensation issues and they never leak water so I would have thought they were 100% sealed, however there he was, this spider, just chilling right next to one of the LED's. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Lol nice, I have the black ones just like yours. Probably going to have a tint shop tint them too.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Lol nice, I have the black ones just like yours. Probably going to have a tint shop tint them too.
There are a few good DIY's on this forum for how to tint them yourself. I'm going to be swapping my Spyders out for 13's soon because the black housing paint is bubbling like crazy inside the Spyders, looks awful. Hopefully your's have better quality control for the painted housings, if not, do yourself a favor and garage the car or keep it covered lol. My car sits in direct sunlight at work for 8-12 hours a day and killed the paint.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Sequence Mini diffuser

I noticed you did not have it painted. Are you going to go with the color of the car, or matt black, or ......?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I noticed you did not have it painted. Are you going to go with the color of the car, or matt black, or ......?
I chose the unpainted version because I'm gonna take it along with my side skirts to the shop that painted my front lip to have it painted at the same time. I dont want different shades of paint. It'll be paint-matched silver. The side skirts will be silver with the rear accent piece gloss black. Being that its a subtle diffuser, it'll feel like I wasted money if it was matte black as it won't be noticeable.

Mike said I was the only one that bought an unpainted one out of like 15 orders lol but I ordered it Tuesday night and it arrived Friday morning so it definitely expedited shipping.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Black or White, decisons decisions

Hey Icedcoffee... that makes sense. AND that is going to look really nice when you get all that put together.... as if your GC didn't already look great.. :smile:

On the website, they show one painted the same color (WHITE)which looks pretty good to me... but then, I'm think'n it should match the MATT Black that is already there.

Again, thanks for the information

2461 - 2480 of 10021 Posts