Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

301 - 320 of 10044 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Drifted around town, an went up an on-ramp completely sideways and kept it sideways for about 50yards on the interstate, great fun!

Next week: JCS 3-a-pillar, Pro-sport Boost-Oil Temp-Wideband, and a Cobalt Trans. Temp gauge going in next week!
Hey, confession, I got wood off of that.
What does that say about me?

Ahh well, time to turn off the T/C and put this Torsen to work ...

·
White 2.0T A/T
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #305
Out of curosity, with the bov sitting where it is, wont it get all gunked up with road crap? I like where its sitting. Makes for a cleaner engine bay. Just worried if i do that set up, ill end up replacing a bov every year.
I'm not worried about that. It's a closed area. My foglights are pretty clean. And I put it there cuz I didn't want to clutter my engine up more and also I wasn't too happy with putting the bov near the belts in the engine bay. But I'll let you guys know how dirty it gets or not lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Gunstar Hero
818 Posts
Winning!
I'm in C.O. also.
Watch the Spring Game?

And was that at Hollywood?
At Scioto Downs Racino. I looveeee blackjack but I can't justify $25 a hand at Hollywood. I am not a serious gambler by any means... And nah, didn't catch it. I am an alumni of Arizona :p.

·
CH 11, Sec 62
1,516 Posts
I'm not worried about that. It's a closed area. My foglights are pretty clean. And I put it there cuz I didn't want to clutter my engine up more and also I wasn't too happy with putting the bov near the belts in the engine bay. But I'll let you guys know how dirty it gets or not lol

You using the oem foglight bezels? I run m+s. They pretty much all open. Just some mesh there to stop the big stuff. Please let me know how that works out for you.

·
White 2.0T A/T
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #309
Yeah I'm using the oem bezels right now. Just have a little bit of water stains in that area but nothing major. I'll let you know in a moth or so

·
Black 3.8GT
455 Posts
Put on a Proclip.
After searching so long and trying so many mounts, this one is by far the best. Keeps the phone solid in place.

·
Shut up and take my money
4,726 Posts
Put on a Proclip.
very nice.. I've been looking at getting one, but I'm concerned with constantly hitting it during shifting. How is that for you?

·
SUN★WORKS
56,362 Posts
Accidentally posted this in the Cali thread instead of this one :dunno:

I started on this a couple days ago.. But finished today:

Also did polish the exhaust while I was under there..:

·
4,726 Posts
SJ, that looks sick :bowdown: Why is the factory diffuser all hacked up though, you can't just screw it out?

·
Black 3.8GT
455 Posts
very nice.. I've been looking at getting one, but I'm concerned with constantly hitting it during shifting. How is that for you?
I was worried about the same but it includes an extender plate that moves it farther away from the shifter. Works fine and doesn't get in the way at all in any gears.

·
4,726 Posts
I was worried about the same but it includes an extender plate that moves it farther away from the shifter. Works fine and doesn't get in the way at all in any gears.
Awesome, thanks! What about hitting the passenger then? lol. Looks like I know what my next purchase will be though :D

·
SUN★WORKS
56,362 Posts
SJ, that looks sick :bowdown: Why is the factory diffuser all hacked up though, you can't just screw it out?
Thank you! Ive been told it will fit with the OEM plastic, but i dont see how.

The diffuser hit the plastic is several places which caused a large gap the whole way around the top edge. It looked bad. Sanding the diffuser wasn't going to fit the 1/4 inch gap that was there.

After cutting the plastic off and trimming the diffuser a lot, it now fits much much better!

·
4,726 Posts
Thank you! Ive been told it will fit with the OEM plastic, but i dont see how.

The diffuser hit the plastic is several places which caused a large gap the whole way around the top edge. It looked bad. Sanding the diffuser wasn't going to fit the 1/4 inch gap that was there.

After cutting the plastic off and trimming the diffuser a lot, it now fits much much better!
So there's no way to take off that factory plastic without cutting it? I was under the impression it was just bolt-on? Or is it glued to the bumper. Reason I'm asking is because all of those plastic support beams in the back of my factory diffuser are broken, and I'll need to replace it eventually, so was wondering how difficult of an install that would be. Thanks

·
SUN★WORKS
56,362 Posts
So there's no way to take off that factory plastic without cutting it? I was under the impression it was just bolt-on? Or is it glued to the bumper. Reason I'm asking is because all of those plastic support beams in the back of my factory diffuser are broken, and I'll need to replace it eventually, so was wondering how difficult of an install that would be. Thanks
Oddly, One or two of mine were also broken.. Im not sure how that happens.

But no, it doesnt just unbolt. At least not that i could see. Its all one piece..

·
SUN★WORKS
56,362 Posts
@SJ, At least it turned out straight beautiful. Are you gonna leave it as is?
Yes, I'm going to leave it as it. Im happy with it now :D

Its still not perfect.. but its pretty damn close.

301 - 320 of 10044 Posts