Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

6681 - 6700 of 10021 Posts

·
I'm broke lol
86 Posts
Why didn't you go to an aftermarket like Hyper G. Take the opportunity to upgrade.
Because that would look insanely out of place on my car, and because there isn't any aftermarket bumper that's even close to comparable in price to a stock bumper:frown:

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
Because that would look insanely out of place on my car, and because there isn't any aftermarket bumper that's even close to comparable in price to a stock bumper:frown:

What's this you say? Hyper G out of place?! :D

·
I'm broke lol
86 Posts
What's this you say? Hyper G out of place?! :D
A stock front bumper with a Hyper G rear? Only a tad out of place...
The front looks badass on yours cause there's a fat intercooler just chilling behind the mesh>:D

·
3point8 Performance
2,614 Posts
I saw that you said previously that the Test Pipes seem to have added a vast improvement to the car. I didn't notice that huge of a difference on my BK1 with my Ark Downpipe and H pipe. I'm wondering if it's just the straight test pipes that see this kind of improvement. I will be putting all of my Ark exhaust mods back on my 2016 BK2 soon. I have the Ark Down pipes, H-pipes and full grip exhaust to put back on.... (just can't remember if I need a bolt hardware kit for the downpipes + Test pipes)
After the tune I noticed that the car was sluggish in the mid range (do not read this as the tune made it sluggish). I knew it was the cats holding it back and I was right. And yeah, the BK1's responded differently to them than the BK2's. I did not get the H pipe. After spending a small fortune on the GRiP, I couldn't justify the cost of the H pipe, plus I wanted moar noise. I'll probably switch up to an H pipe later on once I get tired of the noise.

After the tune, I was a bit disappointed that the throttle didn't feel different to me. I was expecting it to be far more sensitive with a "1:1" mapping. Well, I can say now that with the test pipes it does feel like a "1:1" and I had to adjust to it. My wife was getting mad at me for gunning it at the lights, but I wasn't doing it on purpose...well, most of the time anyway :)

·
Registered
622 Posts
I want the wheels to have a bit of poke, not fully flush. I also don't want to run too much camber, as I hate the / /---\ \ look if you know what I mean haha :nerd:

I don't want any tuck or crazy camber. My goal is to have a minimal gap but enough to not bottom out over every bump. Living in the north east, dumping cars is no fun. Last car was slammed and I paid the price :surprise:
Just got back from Jersey with the fam n yes, the bumps n potholes got worse since we were there last year so I feel ya on that. Of course, I was in a rented '16 Rav4 which made me appreciate my Genny SO much more when we got back, but it was nice driving a stock car for a change n not having to slow down to avoid every bump or dip in the road. ;)

·
Registered
622 Posts
Took the ol' Silver Bullet to the dealer today for some more interior trim replacement, covered under warranty of course. Now all my "brushed aluminum" trim pieces are brand-new and not chipping. They even replaced the steering wheel trim piece, cruise and volume control units which was nice since those black pieces were a bit scratched and my accel switch was getting loose from 3+ years of use. Now my GC looks brand-new inside like it did when I bought it.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Gutted my OEM bumper and added mesh.

View attachment 38562
View attachment 38570
That's how the stupid bumpers should have come from the factory anyway! Why the need for all this solid plastic.... Great job anyway though. Now I want to do it to my front on the BK1, especially where the fog bezels are, hahaha. I wonder how much work it would be to remove the plastic in between the latts of the bezels on the BK1 or if it's even possible without breaking them.

·
Registered
622 Posts
That's how the stupid bumpers should have come from the factory anyway! Why the need for all this solid plastic.... Great job anyway though. Now I want to do it to my front on the BK1, especially where the fog bezels are, hahaha. I wonder how much work it would be to remove the plastic in between the latts of the bezels on the BK1 or if it's even possible without breaking them.
I agree, Crooked H should've added real mesh for break cooling and cold air, but they gave us fake plastic vents which is what most of the major car companies do anyway. Mustangs, Camaros, etc all have fake vents.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,268 Posts
I cut open the drivers side bezel on my 2010 and glued some plastic mesh behind it. Cutting out the strips is real easy actually. I did not do it to the passenger side as that is where the air filter is sitting and I did not want it to get directly splashed with water.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I cut open the drivers side bezel on my 2010 and glued some plastic mesh behind it. Cutting out the strips is real easy actually. I did not do it to the passenger side as that is where the air filter is sitting and I did not want it to get directly splashed with water.
That's a non-issue for me since I'm running an R2C SRI. It doesn't sit there, it's pretty well enclosed up over the wheel well in the engine bay and sealed against the hood. I may tackle this when she comes out in a couple weeks hopefully! -fingers crossed-

While I'm at it maybe I'll get some dryer pipe or something and run to the brakes for cooling vents from the bezels :D

·
3point8 Performance
2,614 Posts
Noticed my rear bumper is coming off. Crap!

·
Donate to my Mod Fund
649 Posts
Just got back from Jersey with the fam n yes, the bumps n potholes got worse since we were there last year so I feel ya on that. Of course, I was in a rented '16 Rav4 which made me appreciate my Genny SO much more when we got back, but it was nice driving a stock car for a change n not having to slow down to avoid every bump or dip in the road. ;)
LOL I actually live in central Jersey and it's terrible. :crying: I have to plan my routes based on the roads and which car I'm driving. When I have to go to unfamiliar places I like to Google Map the route and try to make an informed guess on whether the roads will be horrible (9 times out of 10) or not.

·
Registered
622 Posts
LOL I actually live in central Jersey and it's terrible. :crying: I have to plan my routes based on the roads and which car I'm driving. When I have to go to unfamiliar places I like to Google Map the route and try to make an informed guess on whether the roads will be horrible (9 times out of 10) or not.
My wife n I decided we're buying a daily driver after we get her mustang for the very reasons you said.

·
Donate to my Mod Fund
649 Posts
Just ordered a catback exhaust for 10% off! Does that help?
I'm looking for some wheels/tires >:D

My wife n I decided we're buying a daily driver after we get her mustang for the very reasons you said.
It's funny because I got rid of my old car because it was too modded for the local roads so I went with the Gen. I told myself the 2.0 would be enough and I could keep it stock except for minor cosmetic things :rofl: yeah okay...

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
A stock front bumper with a Hyper G rear? Only a tad out of place...
The front looks badass on yours cause there's a fat intercooler just chilling behind the mesh>:D
Oh yeah. Forget that. I hate the hyper G Rear. I'm still trying to sell mine. I only like the front and sideskirts.

6681 - 6700 of 10021 Posts