Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

7781 - 7800 of 10018 Posts

·
Blue By You
325 Posts
...Also, they're $8,000 off every Genesis Sedan model right now, so that's a bonus. :D

Who knows, maybe I'll walk away a traded man. Although I have my doubts. Another year 1/2 left to pay the Coupe off, so I'm realllly tryin to keep it till its paid off so I can have a fun coupe as well as an all year luxury car/SUV. Hahaha. But a year 1/2 ain't so long, so I may as well start shopping around now to see what's out there early. :) May try some BMWs or Mercs too, although I can't see me paying a small fortune for one new. Maybe a lightly used example tho in the near future.
Shop around carefully. From what I read "elsewhere", dealers are really anxious to clear out Gen sedans for the new G80s. You should do much better, and get them to sharpen their pencil more on your trade.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Shop around carefully. From what I read "elsewhere", dealers are really anxious to clear out Gen sedans for the new G80s. You should do much better, and get them to sharpen their pencil more on your trade.
Yeah, their trade in offer was ridiculously low. $4k. Pretty much laughed. Hahaha. But I will be test driving the Sedan today despite this, mostly because I want to see how it rides and drives for comparison sake in the future. Pretty sure I'm gonna keep this car, pay it off, then keep it some more. Already have so many new parts now its pretty much a new car in the drivetrain anyway, hahaha.

·
n00b
283 Posts
HIDs and LED fog lights ($150 new from eBay!!!) installed with 6000k on low beams and 3000k on fogs.

Took me damn near 7 hours to install from start to finish. Stopped and got baby girl dinner and put her to bed, but I worked from 4pm till after 11pm! Stoked! They turned out great.

I ended up putting the trigger for LED and fogs on the injector fuse - passenger side fuse box. Also had to mod my own H7 connector because the ass on eBay said he shipped the modified ones last week and it's still not here. I couldn't wait!

Looks kick ass!

Sent from my toilet using Fapatalk.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Traded in my coupe yesterday, and picked up a brand new Genesis Sedan, 3.8 H-Trac AWD w/ Tech Package. The thing is fully loaded. What a car!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Just to clarify, said no to their trade in offer of $4k; they came back with an offer a couple days later to pay off my loan of $10,900.00 and still take $8k off the sticker price, so I said yes to that, hahaha. Mine was almost out of warranty, and I've had so many issues I don't want to think about how much it would have started to cost me out of warranty. :O

Big jump from 4 to 10.9. not sure where $6.9k got sneezed out from, but hey, my gain! :D

They even threw in some cleaning supplies and discounted my tire & rim and rustproofing under family & friends/preferred customer discount. Excellent service and sales rep.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Well I will be gal darned!!!!!!
In typical my luck fasion..... One of the four garage line spacers I got in today is off!!!!! 3 of the 4 measure 2.64" diameter hub ring outside (where the dam wheel fits onto) and 1 measures at 2.65"????? So the fing wheel will not fit..... Fk my life!!!!! Anyone have similar issues with these? Being that these are pretty important to make sure the are I stalled 100% correct I will not be forcing them on........ Tried a tad bit of sanding just the make sure, also test fit other wheels.... No go.

Luckily I know how to run a lathe and I am the GM at an aerospace company.... So I think I am off to the shop to turn that dam .010" and a little tool black over the bare aluminum and should be good to go..... But I gotta say this is pretty much bullsh!t as far as I am concerned. I can see being off by like +/- .005 on a HAAS cnc. But this is pretty much unacceptable in my book. You would think One of the most important dimensions would be accounted for.... Oh well, gotta jet, gonna be a late one.....

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Well I will be gal darned!!!!!!
In typical my luck fasion..... One of the four garage line spacers I got in today is off!!!!! 3 of the 4 measure 2.64" diameter hub ring outside (where the dam wheel fits onto) and 1 measures at 2.65"????? So the fing wheel will not fit..... Fk my life!!!!! Anyone have similar issues with these? Being that these are pretty important to make sure the are I stalled 100% correct I will not be forcing them on........ Tried a tad bit of sanding just the make sure, also test fit other wheels.... No go.

Luckily I know how to run a lathe and I am the GM at an aerospace company.... So I think I am off to the shop to turn that dam .010" and a little tool black over the bare aluminum and should be good to go..... But I gotta say this is pretty much bullsh!t as far as I am concerned. I can see being off by like +/- .005 on a HAAS cnc. But this is pretty much unacceptable in my book. You would think One of the most important dimensions would be accounted for.... Oh well, gotta jet, gonna be a late one.....
Edit: tool black don't work on alum.... So guess it will be bar alum. Can't see it anyway.... And I am done with the machining now back home to put these birches on hahah

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
That was an adventure...... Saved myself a week or so with not having to return one stupid spacer and just saying screw it I will do it myself lolz. Got the fronts done, test fit the rears and everything fits in the dam wheels now. Rears go on in the morning cuz its too late and past my bed time..... Photo spam below....

The lathe work was a little tricky cuz the bolts were pressed in..... So had to go unconventional.... But a couple of nice slow .002" passes (more like 5 haha) and get her to fit in the dam wheel like the others.... Looked like their "hubcentric" wasn't so "centric" but hopefully now it is. I used a dual indicator and spun the spacer on the lathe 1st. The main body was pretty spot on, but the outside of the hub ring was all over the place. Now it's within .0005" all around
. What a PIA, but that's how my life goes haha......

I am digging the look though at least for now

·
Registered
356 Posts
Just to clarify, said no to their trade in offer of $4k; they came back with an offer a couple days later to pay off my loan of $10,900.00 and still take $8k off the sticker price, so I said yes to that, hahaha. Mine was almost out of warranty, and I've had so many issues I don't want to think about how much it would have started to cost me out of warranty. :O

Big jump from 4 to 10.9. not sure where $6.9k got sneezed out from, but hey, my gain! :D

They even threw in some cleaning supplies and discounted my tire & rim and rustproofing under family & friends/preferred customer discount. Excellent service and sales rep.
Nice, congrats! There is a reasonably active forum of Sedan drivers at GenesisOwners.com. Not a ton of aftermarket support for this car yet (shocker), but there are a couple lowering spring options (Storm and Ark) AEM just released a CAI, and BTR has a tune as well.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
All done. Car actually feels a wee bit more "planted". Test drove and got an ever so slight wheel shimmy (like barely) at about 80mph. So looks like the lathe work was good enough. May still ask garage line for a replacement or just buy one.... Will see, but honestly it's solid. What should have been a straight forward job turned out to be a PIA but she looks and actually feels better now.... So hard work pays off I guess lolz Last spam below ;)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Nice, congrats! There is a reasonably active forum of Sedan drivers at GenesisOwners.com. Not a ton of aftermarket support for this car yet (shocker), but there are a couple lowering spring options (Storm and Ark) AEM just released a CAI, and BTR has a tune as well.
That BTR tune doesn't seem to do a whole lot for gains, hahaha. Think I'll probs wait for a cat-back and get that intake though to liven the car up a bit. Not that it isn't lively, but a bit more sound when you're on it is always nice. ;)
Are there any wheel spacers available yet? Or is the hub all the same as the coupe?

Also subscribed to the Genesis Owners forum. :D

·
Registered
356 Posts
That BTR tune doesn't seem to do a whole lot for gains, hahaha. Think I'll probs wait for a cat-back and get that intake though to liven the car up a bit. Not that it isn't lively, but a bit more sound when you're on it is always nice. ;)
Are there any wheel spacers available yet? Or is the hub all the same as the coupe?

Also subscribed to the Genesis Owners forum. :D
On the tune, this is what Sam from BTR said when I asked about it: "the 3.8 Genesis Sedan tune is very similar to our 3.8 Genesis Coupe automatic tune
increase in throttle response and power over all." Not very specific, but if it's anything like the canned SFR tune I had, I'm keeping it in mind for down the road. My only real gripe is the throttle lag - I thought it was bad in the coupe, it's worse in the sedan.

For spacers, the hub is the same as the coupe. Kinda wish I hadn't sold my Garageline spacers when I parted out, although I think 20/25 would push out too much for the OEM 18s lowered.

·
Registered
432 Posts
On the tune, this is what Sam from BTR said when I asked about it: "the 3.8 Genesis Sedan tune is very similar to our 3.8 Genesis Coupe automatic tune
increase in throttle response and power over all." Not very specific, but if it's anything like the canned SFR tune I had, I'm keeping it in mind for down the road. My only real gripe is the throttle lag - I thought it was bad in the coupe, it's worse in the sedan.

For spacers, the hub is the same as the coupe. Kinda wish I hadn't sold my Garageline spacers when I parted out, although I think 20/25 would push out too much for the OEM 18s lowered.
See I don't find that much lag on the throttle. Now maybe I'd think differently if I seen the difference between tuned and not tuned, but for me it seems fine enough. On the spacers, I never had spacers on my coupe, but I could see maybe a 15/15 spacer on this car. Dunno if I'll lower it though, we get too much heavy snow I'd be afraid of beating it up, hahaha.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
What Lowering Kit do you have on? Looks cool.
PSM (Parts Shop Max) Comp Coils.

Loves them - true coil over front and rear, just jack the car up and adjust, simple as that ;)
Pop the hood and trunk, quick turn of an allen key at each corner and ride quality is done, simple as that. >:D
Not bad price (about $1k)
Lifetime warranty
Bullet proof

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
All done. Car actually feels a wee bit more "planted". Test drove and got an ever so slight wheel shimmy (like barely) at about 80mph. So looks like the lathe work was good enough. May still ask garage line for a replacement or just buy one.... Will see, but honestly it's solid. What should have been a straight forward job turned out to be a PIA but she looks and actually feels better now.... So hard work pays off I guess lolz Last spam below ;)

So I have an update from my GarageLine Spacer adventure!

Emailed them direct and basically told them that one of the 15mm hub rings was too big and that even though I fully understood that me Machining the part to fit would void any return or warranty, I did it anyway..... well, because I can and I didn't want to wait another week or so for a replacement. I even asked them if I could just buy 1 15mm spacer and just drive with what I have until it comes. Don't get me wrong, the one I had to machine is pretty much just fine, but I am a perfectionist when it comes to this kind of stuff (Ex aerospace Quality Manager) and I also know that ANY vibration at speed and then during braking will adversely affect handling, braking control and safety in general. So I want ZERO period.

Well they simply replied with "No worries, we are sending you a new one, you are covered and no need to return the one you machined". So I just wanted to chime in here and let everyone know that GarageLine makes solid stuff, stands by their product and customer service has been overall great in my experience. Mistakes happen, this one spacer slipped through the cracks, not like it's the end of the world or anything. These spacers are actually top notch. I dealt with them directly, no vendors and they have been great! So now looks like next weekend I will get it buttoned up properly and also have a cool looking wall ornament for my garage ;)

·
Registered
356 Posts
See I don't find that much lag on the throttle. Now maybe I'd think differently if I seen the difference between tuned and not tuned, but for me it seems fine enough. On the spacers, I never had spacers on my coupe, but I could see maybe a 15/15 spacer on this car. Dunno if I'll lower it though, we get too much heavy snow I'd be afraid of beating it up, hahaha.
Yeah, I wish I could demo the tune for a week or something to see if it'd be actually worth doing, but oh well.

7781 - 7800 of 10018 Posts