Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

8381 - 8400 of 10021 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
NO Wall of text but may be long... I'll shorten it up a bit. Well a lot. I am looking forward to getting my car back from dealership today. 2 recalls not done on a 13 model that came out in 14 (according to service manager). This poor car was neglected from day one (original owner was a douche bag from tell-tale signs of the car conditions). Anyways, to start out last week. I had an alignment done and found rear rim on the front with front tire. Back of course had front rim and rear tire. This caused(S) serious shaking like rotors are warped in (braking) steering wheel. So, I bought rotors and then had to return them. As to the shaking stopped after the rims and tires were put back right. Then on a test run a vibration (like phone vibrating) got worse in the front and a roar sound appeared. GREAT NEWS! Right? Well the wheel bearing is bad, which one don't know yet. Ordered one from rockauto (only one in stock) and we will get it replaced today/tomorrow. shhhheeessh. short right.

Well, here are the good things.

Ordered
Genesis wing kit. ( I have a spare for free, details later)
wheels and tires
TBE
SRI
BOV
SFR ECU stage 1.5
eibach pro kit springs

Not a bad way to spend $4200 in 30 minutes. PS I've only put 200 miles on the car since I've owned it and can't wait to mod the heck out of it. Love the community and car. Thanks guys for the answered questions in the other threads. I look forward to posting up pics before and afters. Later have a blessed day.

·
Nobody pays me in gum
568 Posts
*facepalm* FB gets worse and worse.
Ha tell them you were on a dyno and did before and afters with 0 HP increase.....
I should've elaborated more. It wasn't about hp, it was wondering if going from 3.91 to 4.18 would feel like much of an increase in acceleration and if it was worth it from the cost and then also dealing with the higher revs during cruising.

Well we finished it up tonight, but I'm waiting the 24hrs for the carrier cover RTV to cure before I add the oil so I haven't tested it out yet. Tomorrow I'll be adding the oil and seeing how we did. I have never done this before so it could explode on me immediately lol. I'm not scared to try new things like this, its how you learn. I checked backlash and pattern and it was pretty damn close to factory so I'm hoping for the best.

I left facebook all together so that's why you don't see me anymore lol. Going from 3.72 to 4.18 will definitely be noticeable, and considering it only cost me $300 I'd say its worth a shot. Who knows, I may end up hating it. I think your 2010 would have the 3.91 fd so the difference would be bit less noticeable in your case, but you'd still feel it I'd suspect. Keep in mind, we also have different transmissions so you might want to take a look at Snoopy's gear speed and ratios calculator. It can help you understand some of the impact of the change.
I took a look at it before and there was only something around 300rpm difference when I factored in my wheel size. I'm not 100% sure it would be too noticeable so it worked it's way down on my priority list.

That lift is also sick. I want one, but I have 8' ceilings in my garage. My next house is most certainly getting a lift and hopefully 3 (or more) car garage.

·
IG: jasonlikedthis
754 Posts
Good to know our cars are holding up strong!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
New wheels,WOTBOX ,ISR EVO 8/9 Turbo upgrade and Catback exhaust :D Oh and cannot forget that it in shop getting a Dyno tune by the best Dyno-Comp in Arizona :d

·
Blue By You
325 Posts
Began research into lighting up my Blox shift knob. >:D

·
Registered
65 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well I had post earlier that don't get approved by admin. So, I'll try again. Yesterday installed Konig Centigrams wrapped in Hankooks. Set them down on an Eibach pro kit. Today I installed a Forge BOV and Treadstone SRI. Tomorrow morning I am getting up early to finish putting on my Depo 02 housing and mid pipe. NO CATS Yay. After that dropping SFR stage 1.5 ecu. I can't wait to butt dyno this thing. The 22nd I am getting my CNT CBE and putting it on. I'll run it like this for awhile. Then going to a bigger turbo,injectors, and cams. I have a spare motor to build as well I may stroke it don't know yet.

·
3point8 Performance
2,614 Posts
Pulled the manifold off to do some head work. Did a basic port/clean up job on the intake ports. Look at the **** casting!! All of them were this way. Got it all back together and holly balls it made a difference. Feels more torquey down low and a soon as the powerband kicks in the tires let loose and i get sideways. I'll be pulling the heads soon to throw in bigger intake valves so I'll check out and document the rest of the horrible areas. #MicroOptimizations

·
3point8 Performance
2,614 Posts
it's the little things, makes me grin when the rear end scoots sideways. not sure i want a better suspension...
haha, well, I guess when you're hooning, but I don't need to get sideways when doing pulls :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Finally installed my ARK cat back. The bolt flange didn't line up with the passenger cat so had to cut cat flange, turn it and weld it back on.... other than that love the sound it makes now much better than stock.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Pulled the manifold off to do some head work. Did a basic port/clean up job on the intake ports. Look at the **** casting!! All of them were this way. Got it all back together and holly balls it made a difference. Feels more torquey down low and a soon as the powerband kicks in the tires let loose and i get sideways. I'll be pulling the heads soon to throw in bigger intake valves so I'll check out and document the rest of the horrible areas. #MicroOptimizations

You are inching closer and closer to a full engine build arent you ;) . I am diggin seeing the incremental gains you are getting at while staying full N/A.... Havent cheated yet!

·
IG: jasonlikedthis
754 Posts
Got the wheels back on. Officially Import Alliance ready. :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Installed a Sprint Booster V3. Haven't really gotten into it yet but first impressions are that it really wakes up the car.

I mounted the control pod right in between the TC and dimmer switches but will probably end up mounting it on the steering column and snaking the wire through that giant gap.

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
Changed out my front wheel bearings. Good times. :)

8381 - 8400 of 10021 Posts